For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Anonymous

Re: Creating Fiber Mesh

Thanks.  I really appreciate your patience with me here.  So if I am understanding correctly, the only way to accomplish what I want is via ISL's?  I am getting confused because you keep referring to the SAN's whereas I feel that I am speaking only about the switches.  Your last statement "2 independent SANs cannot be merged together" confuses me because in my mind I am not trying to merge the SAN's.  I want them to stay independent but be visible to all of the hosts in either environment.  I dunno...

Anonymous

In your case even if you do an ISL, if you have fabric/Trunking licenses, it will give you error as it will not be ISLed. Do not do this you will get zone conflict. Through ISL the SWs will try to merge, but will not be merged as those have different config files. You will get the error. So the only way is to take the downtime and do it. Do nto try to connect through ISLs. you will be in trouble.

Pls make this thread correct if u find it.

Anonymous

Thanks again.  I think I am starting to understand what you are saying.  At the very least you have saved a great deal of trouble from the sounds of it.

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.