The Site may be used as a forum to share knowledge, connect and converse with the Broadcom Community; Broadcom registered members. Broadcom reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site (or any part thereof). Broadcom shall not be liable to You or any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of this Site except as expressly provided herein.
Each Site user must: (1) personally provide true, accurate, current and complete information on the Site's registration form (collectively, the "Registration Data") and (2) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data as necessary to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If, after investigation, Broadcom has reasonable grounds to suspect that any user's information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Broadcom may suspend or terminate that user's account and prohibit any and all current or future use of this Site (or any portion thereof) by that user other than as expressly provided herein.
Each user will enter a password and username and receive account designations upon completing certain Site registration processes and is wholly responsible for maintaining the confidentiality thereof and wholly liable for all activities occurring there under. Broadcom cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from a user's failure to comply with this Section, including any loss or damage arising from any user's failure to: (1) immediately notify Broadcom of any unauthorized use of his or her password or account or any other breach of security; and (2) ensure that he or she exits from his or her account at the end of each session.
You agree to abide by the following rules:
- Be honest.
- Act like the pro you are, and be respectful of others.
- Share information wisely and remember that all posts could be permanent.
- Keep information relevant to the discussions and free of advertising or solicitations.
- Only post things that you are lawfully able to post. This means don’t post anything that you are prohibited from sharing, you don’t have the necessary rights to post or anything that is harmful or disparaging to a third party (other users included)!
While access or posting Content to the Site you agree to the following:
- Do not post, publish, or distribute any defamatory, obscene, infringing or other unlawful material or information in the Broadcom Community.
- Do not post any photos with commentary or third party copyrighted information on the site.
- Do not disclose any third party confidential information such as software or other materials that would allow participants or third parties to harm other users' computers or to inappropriately access software or websites or post other material protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other applicable law unless you own or have rights to these materials.
- Do not upload any computer programs that contain destructive features such as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other forms of harmful computer code, nor subject Broadcom's hosted network or servers to unreasonable traffic loads, or otherwise engage in conduct deemed disruptive to the ordinary operation of the Site.
- Do not employ any type of bots for the use of scrolling, showing multiple screens, or other activities that might disrupt online communication or disrupt ordinary operation of the site.
- You agree not to use this Site to make personal attacks, offensive language, or negative commentary against another contributor to this site in an attempt to provoke a negative response.
- Do not falsely impersonate any other person in the forum, including Broadcom employees or agents.
* Do not use the Site to spam other users, including sending identical and irrelevant submissions to many different discussion groups, mailing lists or communities.
- Do not rely on the Site as the primary mechanism for operating or promoting your business.
- You agree not to sell, resell, or offer for any commercial gain, any Content posted on the Site, or provide use of or access to the Site to third parties not authorized access.
* Keep Your password and account private and confidential.
- You are responsible and liable for all your activities while participating in the Site, including anything you contribute.
- Broadcom is not responsible for securing any materials you post.
- You are responsible for any actions you may take based on information or advice you receive while on the Site.
All information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or any other materials whatsoever (collectively referred to as "Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that You, and not Broadcom, are entirely responsible for all Content that You upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via the Site. You shall not transmit Content or otherwise conduct or participate in any activities on this Site that is prohibited by law in any applicable jurisdiction, including laws governing the encryption of software, the export of technology, the transmission of obscenity, copyright law, or the permissible uses of intellectual property.
Broadcom may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review any areas on the Site where users transmit or post content or communicate solely with each other, including but not limited to direct messages using the website, chat rooms, bulletin boards or other user forums, and the Content of any such communications. Broadcom, however, will have no liability related to the Content of any such Communications, whether or not arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise. Broadcom retains the right to remove messages that include any material deemed abusive, defamatory, obscene or otherwise unacceptable.
Broadcom, in its sole and absolute discretion, may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or judicial or governmental mandate or as reasonably determined useful by Broadcom to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the Site users and the public. Broadcom does not control the Content posted to the Site and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. Under no circumstances will Broadcom be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, liability for any errors or omissions in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via this Site.
By using this Site, You may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable which is not approved by Broadcom. Posting of such materials will result in the immediate disabling of Your password, and termination of Your account. You must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
Broadcom may from time to time ask you to participate in pre-release activities such as product beta testing, sprint reviews, etc. Such activities may occur on this Site, including a private community site, or via other methods (e.g. web sessions, teleconferences, live demos, etc.). Regardless of the method of communication used, any pre-release materials shall be subject to the disclaimers and limitations of liability contained in the Terms. Broadcom reserves the right to terminate your access or use of pre-release materials at any time, for any reason, and you agree to promptly return or destroy such materials as instructed by Broadcom. Broadcom does not guarantee that the commercially available release of a product or service, if any, will be identical to the pre-release materials.
You agree that all such materials provided to you, including any content posted on the applicable site, in connection with any pre-release activities are considered Broadcom confidential information and can only be used for non-commercial evaluation and testing purposes consistent with the scope of the pre-release activity, and any software testing shall only occur in non-production environments. Since access to such materials includes access to Broadcom's software or other confidential and proprietary information, you further agree you will not (i) copy the materials (except for reasonable archival purposes); (ii) modify, reverse compile, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, benchmark or perform competitive analysis on the materials except solely to the extent permitted under applicable law without the possibility of contractual waiver; or (iii) distribute or otherwise provide access to the materials to third parties. Due to the varying nature of pre-release activities that Broadcom may conduct, you may be asked to agree to additional terms as a condition of your participation in a particular activity.
Blog authors and blog users (hereinafter "Bloggers") who post blog entries, comments or other Content are expected to adhere to conduct as set forth herein. Bloggers may create blogs generally discussing Broadcom products and services, or related technology. Although Broadcom respects the freedom of Bloggers and the Content they post, blogs that predominantly discuss topics completely unrelated to Broadcom products, offerings, or related technology or that consume excessive resources or bandwidth may be taken down at the sole discretion of Broadcom. Bloggers should take responsibility not just for their own words, but for the comments allowed on their blogs; label their tolerance level for abusive comments; consider eliminating anonymous comments; ignore the trolls (i.e., those who intentionally post derogatory or otherwise inflammatory messages); take the conversation offline, and talk directly, or find an intermediary who can do so; if you know someone who is violating the conduct guidelines, tell them so; and don't say anything online that you wouldn't say in person. Bloggers understand that they bear the full responsibility of any Content they post and that such Content may lead to adverse consequences in their personal or professional lives, such as damaged friendships or loss of employment.
This Site is owned and operated by Broadcom for the purpose of connecting prospective users, existing users, and indirect or direct Broadcom partners to share resources, best practices, and help one another find answers to their questions optimize Broadcom based environments. However, by posting information, You hereby grant permission for the content to be reused elsewhere on the Site and by others who access this Site. Broadcom retains the right to terminate anyone's access to the Site for any reason.
Any documents, papers, text, data, or other information posted by Broadcom on the Site is and shall remain the sole property of Broadcom and may not be copied, modified, moved, translated, adapted, distributed or displayed without Broadcom prior written permission.
Upon submitting Content to this Site, You grant Broadcom a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display such Content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, all subject to the terms of any applicable license.
Broadcom's termination of Your access to the Site may be effected without notice and, on such termination, Broadcom may immediately deactivate or delete Your account and/or bar any further access to such files. Broadcom shall not be liable to You or any third party for termination of Your account hereunder. In addition, Your request for termination will result in deactivation but not necessarily deletion of the account. Broadcom reserves the right to delete, or not delete, a user's account at Broadcom's sole discretion, as well as to delete, or not delete, content at Broadcom's sole discretion.
Indemnity; Disclaimer; Limitations of Liability
You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Broadcom, and its parent and affiliates and their respective officers, employees and agents, and each of Broadcom 's website partners, from any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, and liabilities including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of that user's acts or omissions, including claims arising out of that user's use of the Site; his or her submission, posting or transmission of Content or his or her violation of these Terms.
THE MATERIALS PROVIDED AT THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE", WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. Broadcom further does not warrant that your use of the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free or the accuracy and completeness of the materials at this Site. Broadcom may make changes to the materials at this Site, or to the products and prices described in them, at any time without notice. The materials at this Site may be out of date, and Broadcom makes no commitment to provide you support of any kind or to update the materials at this Site. Information published at this Site may refer to products, programs or services that are not available in your country. Consult your local Broadcom business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services that may be available to you. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
IN NO EVENT WILL BROADCOM, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED AT THIS SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THIS SITE, ANY WEB SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE, OR THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION CONTAINED AT ANY OR ALL SUCH SITES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOUR USE OF THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION FROM THIS SITE RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF EQUIPMENT OR DATA, YOU ASSUME ALL COSTS THEREOF. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Links to third party Web sites on this Site are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave this Site. Broadcom has not reviewed all of these third party sites and does not control and is not responsible for any of these sites or their content. Thus, Broadcom does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this Site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Nothing herein shall be deemed to create an agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchisor-franchisee relationship of any kind between Broadcom and any user or other person or entity nor do these terms of service extend rights to any third party. As noted above, Broadcom does not and cannot control the actions of Broadcom Site users, visitors or linked third parties. Broadcom reserves the right to report any malfeasance that comes to our attention to the appropriate authorities.
Broadcom respects the intellectual property rights of others, and requires that the people who use the Site do the same. It is our policy to respond promptly to claims of intellectual property misuse.
If You believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on this Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, You may notify us by providing our copyright agent with the following information in writing:
(1) The electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner's behalf;
(2) Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
(3) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit Broadcom to locate the material, including the full URL.
(4) Your name, addresses, telephone number, and email address.
(5) A statement by You that You have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
(6) A statement made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
If Broadcom receives such a claim, Broadcom reserves the right to refuse or delete Content, or to terminate a user's account as set forth herein. Notification of claimed infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 ("DMCA") must be submitted to Broadcom's agent directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org ?. You can view the DMCA doc here THE DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT OF 1998.
After receiving a claim of infringement, Broadcom will process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the DMCA and other applicable Broadcom intellectual property laws. Upon receipt of notices complying or substantially complying with the DMCA, Broadcom will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any material claimed to be infringing or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity, and will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any reference or link to material or activity that is claimed to be infringing. Broadcom will take reasonable steps to expeditiously notify the subscriber that it has removed or disabled access to such material.
Upon receipt of a proper counter notification under the DMCA, Broadcom will promptly provide the person who provided the initial notification of claimed infringement with a copy of the counter notification and inform that person that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it in ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days. Additionally, Broadcom will replace the removed material and cease disabling access to it ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the counter notice, unless Broadcom's designated agent first receives notice from the person who submitted the initial notification that such person has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the subscriber from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Broadcom system or network.
You may provide us with a counter notification by providing our copyright agent the following information in writing:
(1) Your physical or electronic signature;
(2) Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled, including the full URL;
(3) A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
(4) Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Broadcom may be found and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the initial notification of infringement.
Broadcom may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Site.
This Site is administered by Broadcom from its offices in San Jose, California. Broadcom makes no representation that materials at this Site are appropriate or available for use outside the United States, and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. You may not use or export or re-export the materials at this Site or any copy or adaptation in violation of any applicable laws or regulations including without limitation U.S. export laws and regulations. If you choose to access this Site from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.
Please report any violations of the Terms (except for claims of intellectual property infringement) to the Broadcom Site Manager at email@example.com If Broadcom receives such a claim, Broadcom reserves the right to refuse or delete content or to terminate a user's account as set forth herein. Notification of claimed infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 ("DMCA") must be submitted to Broadcom's agent directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org?.
Copyright © 2018 Broadcom. All Rights Reserved. The term "Broadcom" refers to Broadcom Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.