For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Info & Feedback

Occasional Visitor

I have a Brocade ICX 7450-48F with a 1G connection to my Cisco 3560 but the trunk is flapping

Good morning,

The facts:

I have a Brocade ICX 7450-48F switch that is being used as my Distribution Switch for my small network. It has a single 1G connection to a Cisco 3560 via single mode fiber.

The ICX is configured with 

Port-name

Dual-mode X

The Cisco device is configured with

trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk native vlan (X to match the ICX)

switchport trunk allowed vlan 1 - X

switchport mode trunk

switchport nonegotiate

mls and qos configurations

The Issue: The ICX connection to the Cisco device is flapping, meaning I am losing connection to the downstream Cisco device. A Show Log reveals that interface e 1/1/3 is receiving STP State messages for each of my configured VLANS, meaning that each VLAN in the log is cycling through its Listen Learn Forward State 

for example : 

VLAN X Port 1/1/3 STP State -> Listening (MakeFwding)

VLAN X Port 1/1/3 STP State -> Learning (FwDlyExpiry)

VLAN X Port 1/1/3 STP State -> Forwarding (FwDlyExpiry)

I don't understand why STP is frequently updating itself causing the interface to bounce. Could this be avoided if I add a second 1G trunk between the ICX and Cisco device?

Community Manager

Re: I have a Brocade ICX 7450-48F with a 1G connection to my Cisco 3560 but the trunk is flapping

[ Edited ]

@Tenmujin 

ICX Switch line was acquired by Ruckus, please post your question on the Ruckus Community

for immediate assistance.

Thank you

Jason

Community Manager

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.