For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Anonymous

Re: Firmware Problems

Hi Guys

Its be awhile since I've done a Fabric OS on an IBM Blade but you can reset the switch from inside the management module GUI.

From memory its somewhere under the advance/settings for the I/O modules. Find your switch and reset the options back to the defaults and see how that goes.

Regards

David

Anonymous

That didnt work either. We tried to re-commit the firmware, (fails) and perform firmwarerestore (worked), but thats all we can do. You can only bounce between the two images on the switch. Configresetall doesnt work either, not surprised, but figured we'd try it....I ended up contacting the vendor for a replacement. We'll see what happens in a few

Contributor

I am also running into this situation on 2 different Brocade SAN switches in IBM Blade Chassis.  The switches are the 4020's and the firmware commit fails with the /etc/fabos/pwron_fips_status file missing.  I've looked at other brocade switches in our environment (both blade chassis switches and standalone) and they all have this file.

Would there be a problem if I use ftp to copy this file from one switch to another, or is this file specific to the switch?  Looking at some of the switches, this file is only 1 byte in size.

Peter

External Moderator

Peter,

have you start "firmwaredownlaod" for upgarde or downgrade ?

what for FOS release from -> to ?

TechHelp24
Contributor

I was trying to upgrade from 6.0.1a to 6.1.2c

Contributor

I haven't seen a response from you yet.

Yes, I had started the firmwaredownload, attempting to upgrade the firmware from 6.0.1a to 6.1.2c.  It was when the commit was started that the upgrade failed, as described.

After the failed commit, I ran the firmwarerestore, and received the same error.

I ask again, if I copy the file I previously mentioned, from one blade switch (or 200e) over to another, will that be enough to allow the upgrade to work?

Thanks,

Peter

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I think that copying the missing file from another switch won't do any harm, specially that one which only contains a 0 or 1. But probably, after that one another file will be reported as missing...

I cannot guarantee that any of the following options work, but you can try: An option is to execute the firmwaredownload again or maybe force the commit with firmwarecommit -f . If the secondary partition is fine, an hareboot (dont know if root access is required) may be a good option, in order to making the secondary partition (with old FOS code) the primary; and afterwards, proceed again with the upgrade.

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.