For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Contributor

Re: SAN switch -- not working

swd77:root> ad --show -i

The Fabric is busy, try again later.

swd77:root> switchenable

swd77:root> switchcfgpersistentenable

No change in switch persistent state

swd77:root> portenable 0

Operation not allowed in AD context

Anonymous

techhelp,

U seem to be more experienced than me, but did you notice that the switch is marked faulty and domain unconfigured (quite possible critical errors and failure of POST). I will have a look at the supportsave once he uploads it.

If the switch cannot be replaced then the person can try completely powering off and powering on the system or do fastboot to avoid POST.

What say??

Regards,

Biju

Contributor

I have uploaded the supportsave. Please check at the end of 2nd page.

Thanks.

Anonymous

2008/08/04-07:08:23, , 59, FFDC, CRITICAL, swd77, ASIC driver detected Slot 0 port 12 as faulty (reason: 9)

2008/08/04-07:08:23, , 60,, INFO, Silkworm3850, First failure data capture (FFDC) event occurred.

2008/08/04-07:08:36, , 61,, WARNING, Silkworm3850, Trace dump available ! (reason: FFDC)

2008/08/04-07:08:36, , 62,, WARNING, Silkworm3850, Trace dump was not transferred because trace auto-FTP disabled.

2008/08/04-07:08:58, , 63,, INFO, swd77, Login information: Login successful via TELNET/SSH/RSH. IP Addr: XXXXXX

2008/08/04-07:09:27, , 64,, ERROR, Silkworm3850, Slot 0 has failed the POST tests. FRU is being faulted.

My verdict replace the switch -

If u remember my prev post i had pasted exceprts from the error reference guide. If you are not willing to replace the switch then contact Brocade and they may be able analyze the core dump further.

Contributor

is it possible that we can identify which hardware part gone bad, and we can replace that part with new part.

i don't want to replace switch.

from the logs whic i provided, the part whcih is gone bad. is that part is replacable with new part /

External Moderator

Bjiu,

I just check the supportshow, and your are correct about the error.

But i cannot see in the othyer "errorshow" posted here from shashi similary error....

....it is another story, this was trunkated.

TechHelp24

TechHelp24
External Moderator

Shashi,

the 3850, dont have any FRU Part your can replace.

Your must replace the switch.

TechHelp24

TechHelp24
Anonymous

As stated by TechHelp

Replace the switch OR get brocade support involved. end of conversation. close the thread.

Anonymous

Port 0 Domain id overlap Warning message

Dear All,

I apologize for jumping into this thread. I am new to this forum and new to Brocade switches. I have a question which is, I have 2 Brocade 300 fabrics that is spewing out port 0 domain id overlap. I found a manual that says change domian id on both switches, is this the best method to correct this Warning message and if so what are the impact on production system?

Thank you.

Anonymous

Re: Port 0 Domain id overlap Warning message

This is (was) an old thread conserning old hardware (with) failures in a different situation.

It's better to create your own thread ,explain whats wrong an what you're trying to accomplish.

When you start a new thread please provide some output, like error messages/dumps, perhaps config of switches etc...

Thanks Dion

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.