For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Peer Zoning removed from active zone when clicking Enable Config!

I have some new Lenovo branded G620 switches. They are running FOS v8.2.0b and we are using one to one, but mostly peer zoning. 

I tried contacting Lenovo support and was told I have no software support. Not sure how that's even possible, but I need help. My understanding was first level I had to go through Lenovo. Not sure if I can call on Brocade directly for software?

I started having a problem when trying to add aliases to our peer zones. There are currently 8 peer zones.

Each peer has 1 Principal Member. 

4 peer zones have 3 Peer Members

4 Peers zones have 19 Peer Members. 

When I try to add a 20th Peer member I have problems. 

I can hit Save Config, but when I hit Enable Config, ALL the Peer Zones get removed from the Zone Config Members and it saves that way!

Obviously that's not good. We do have dual fabric, so the ESX hosts survive fine, but I have a couple Oracle boxes that lock up when this happens. We have a ticket open with Oracle to verify the multipath settings. 

Anyway, has anyone experienced this issue? It's happened multiple times now so it's not a fluke. The first time it happened I thought I somehow accidentally clicked somewhere because it saved when I corrected it. The following time I was extra careful and it happened again. 

Any and all help is appreciated. 

Thanks

New Contributor

Re: Peer Zoning removed from active zone when clicking Enable Config!

Turns out this appears to be a current bug with the Web Gui. 

[ Edited ]
Hello,
Today i have this bad experience too, after updated the Peer Zone, saved and enabled it. The updated Peer Zone was removed from the active zone config. Did Oracle analysed and found the reason? Could you please share the findings here?

FOS is 7.4.2c and the configuration was done on Brocade 6520 FC Switch.

Thanks and best regards

Nevzat
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Can you please share details on the "known" Web GUI defect ?   Is there a Broadcom Defect number?

The comments and advise included are the author's and do not mirror the views and opinions of any company. Any comments, advise, statements or references are without warranty, liability or claims of expertise. You should seek the assistance of the professional entity for subject matter being pursued.

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.