For more details, please see ourCookie Policy.

Fibre Channel (SAN)

Anonymous

Re: IBM BladeCenter usng 4Gb 20Port Brocade FC Switch module to Cisco MDS9000(9509) SAN in AG mode

Hi,

Just wondering, on the SAN side, Cisco 9509, would I include the external N_Port 0 and 15 when assigning the Cisco port to a Zone? Basically, when zoning on the Cisco switch would I include internal and external ports or would I just include the internal ports ? Would something like this cause the Fabric Login Failed and duplicate zero AL_PA type errors I am getting ?

Thanks

External Moderator

Re: IBM BladeCenter usng 4Gb 20Port Brocade FC Switch module to Cisco MDS9000(9509) SAN in AG mode

clasha,

i'am working in their Problem, and forward this to my Cisco SE Friend, wait still of answer.... I want to also know it why do not work.

i show in the agdevices.txt file you upload here, unfortunately i can not see the exact UOI Address, can you please upload these here ?

--->>> ...or is 5.3.0a compatible with 3.2.3a for AG mode ?

Yes, but i am me not sure if Specially this Both 5.3.0a with 3.2.3a Release have a Incompatibility Problem.

You can use a new FOS rel. v5.3.1a or 6.x

--->>>

From GUI ...

Disable switch module

Enable AG mode From GUI....

Enable switch module GIBCs in Port 0 and Port 15 so map internal ports 1-14 in some order to those external ports

....?

do you have Activated a configured of the MDS-9509 NPIV by Port ?

TechHelp24
Anonymous

here is ag devices txt file.

Anonymous

Hi,

Just noticed something.....WWN of Blades can be seen and he can see Port 0 but I noticed the there is another WWN on the internal Brocade Ports 1 - 14 so I am wondering if this needs to be added somewhere for this port to login ?? I don't think the Cisco is seeing Port 1 WWN....hope that makes sense.

Thanks

External Moderator

--->>> ....but I noticed the there is another WWN on the internal Brocade Ports 1 - 14....

Is correct.

In the meantime, do you know this Documents ?

Clasha, i don't can see from here their switch, but again please, do you have correct configured the NPIV and VSAN on the MDS Site ?

TechHelp24
Anonymous

Hi,

I have looked at the implementation document and also at the one attached. The Cisco 9509 is SAN attached as you know so we are trying to follow Special Case Option C and if that don't work Option D. If I read this correctly, for Option C, we need to add the FCIDs of all the exisitng devices attached andthen remove the FCIDs associated with the QLogic internal Blade HBAs. If you follow Option D, we need to manually assign a new good FCID to each QLogic internal Blade HBA that is not associated with one of the special cases. Am I interpreting that correctly...?

Thanks

Anonymous

Hi, I just went to the IBM website to check for updates and it said there is a 6.1.0 release if I am looking at the correct device. I tried to follow the link but it brought me to 5.3.0 release and I tried looking around but only found 6.0.3a and 6.0.3c. The link is below. Do you know if there is any benefit to this and where to find it?

THanks again

External Moderator

Hi,

here the Download for 6.1.0, release Notes is attached.

Document Audience: PUBLIC

Document ID: 138148-01

TechHelp24
External Moderator

--->>> Am I interpreting that correctly...?

Yes, i was assuming you use this Procedure as begin from !

TechHelp24
Anonymous

Hi,

I think we have it figured out...I found out that our SAN Admin missed a few steps when it came to handling our Special Case scenario with QLogic cards with same OUI. He had not manually editing their FCIDs so they would be different but it looks like we have it sorted out now as the ports are showing "Online".

Thanks again for all your assistance.

Join the Broadcom Support Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resources across the Broadcom Community Network.