Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  Delete vs. Archive

Posted Jan 22, 2016 02:37 PM

I am trying to turn off the ability to delete elements, but allow archive instead. I have changed the user security table from SYSDEF=((COM,$,AURMPDS,B)) to SYSDEF=((COM,$,AURMPS,BV)) according to the documentation, but they are still able to delete elements. Does anyone do anything similar or have any ideas on how to prevent users from deleting/forcing them to archive?

• 2.  Re: Delete vs. Archive
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 22, 2016 03:06 PM

I figured it out. User was on a different LPAR where LLA was not done.

• 3.  Re: Delete vs. Archive

Posted Jan 22, 2016 03:44 PM

We have very recently been disussing preventing Deletes as well, in favor of Archiving only.  It sure would be nice if it were an Admin setting!  We have not done so yet, but are thinking that we can tweak the panel(s) to prevent the Delete selection.  That however, would not prevent manual SCL creation.  If anyone has done this, we are interested in how it was accomplished.

Janet Spears

• 4.  Re: Delete vs. Archive

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2016 07:17 AM

Hi,

When you issue an ARCHIVE, we do a single call to security for ARCHIVE, whether or not you are doing a delete as well.

With ESI(External security Interface) only, the only way around this is to give ARCHIVE the same SAFAUTH level of authority as you use for DELETE, in the NEQU table.

Note, The native security is no more available From Endevor 18.0

Regards,

Ollivier

• 5.  Re: Delete vs. Archive

Posted Jan 25, 2016 10:46 AM

Hi Olliver,

I did get it working using the user security tables in our current release. Thank you for pointing out that the next release does not support these tables. I reviewed the release notes and will start to plan how we will handle it with R18.

Ellen