Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  Odd named members in Endevor library

Posted Sep 08, 2015 07:03 AM

Hello - I am relatively new to CA Endevor 2nd level support.  We have a DBRMLIB in which oddly named members exist.  The member names seem to include "masked" characters - for example, ,,n..uH&.  Has anyone seen this before?  If so, any idea what may have caused it?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Odd named members in Endevor library

Posted Sep 08, 2015 07:49 AM

Hi KJFord

let me guess: elements are copied to this library with packages.

if the BACKOUT Option is enabled, a copy of the library member is made to a "oddly named" member name

check the Endevor Footprint of the library member to verify that

( use 1 Display - 2 Display Footprint to do so)

and then take a look to the Element master information to find out the package name, that contained the element and thus maintained the library member.

I do not have a lot experience with backout of packages but I think as soon as the package is commited, also the backout element members should disapear.

Hope that helps

Maria

• 3.  Re: Odd named members in Endevor library

Posted Sep 08, 2015 08:06 AM

Hi Maria, thanks for the quick reply.  Yes everything is promoted via packages.  So if a package was executed but not committed, these members would stay in the dataset, correct?

I'm not sure how to display the footprint for the misnamed member, Endevor doesn't accept those special characters.  But if they are a result of an uncommitted package, that explanation would suffice.

Kevin Ford

• 4.  Re: Odd named members in Endevor library
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2015 08:21 AM

Hi KJFord,

Maria is right and these back-out members will be deleted when you commit the package.

You can display the backout member using the "Footprint Display" option(From Endevor Option 1 Display then 2)

Once you are displaying the list of member from your library, you can use the option to display the content of member using "L", the Element Master information using "M", etc...

Please mark the question as answered if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards,

Ollivier

• 5.  Re: Odd named members in Endevor library

Posted Sep 08, 2015 08:24 AM

That all makes sense.  Thanks to you both!

• 6.  Re: Odd named members in Endevor library

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 08, 2015 08:44 AM

Hi KJFord,

Thank you you to you and to Maria who is always very obliging.

Best Regards,

Ollivier