Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  Hi - I need some help with Site Symbolics. 

Posted Dec 21, 2015 04:21 PM

I have defined symbolics that are a couple of layers deep.  I thought that might be a problem, but my SCL to build a new system doesn't seem to be able to resolve any of the symbolics.  Since I thought it might be the layering of the symbolics that was the problem, I changed the define statment to be just the first level...e.g. &#HLQ..DROP.LOAD (where #HLQ is the first 2 qualifiers of the DSN), but the SCL couldn't even resolve that.  I had to actually code the value for the HLQ symbolic.  I have assembled the symbolic and defaults tables and I can see the symbolics when I'm in Endevor.  I haven't done this in a while - can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Hi - I need some help with Site Symbolics. 

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 21, 2015 05:40 PM

Hi Fily,

Can you provide the actual entry from your Site Symbolics and an example of the SCL substitution that is happening or not happening?

Thanks

• 3.  Re: Hi - I need some help with Site Symbolics. 

Posted Dec 22, 2015 10:20 AM

Actually, I sent that over to support yesterday – hopefully, they will be able to tell me what’s going on.

Thanks.

Felicity Vaughan

• 4.  Re: Hi - I need some help with Site Symbolics. 

Posted Dec 22, 2015 07:37 AM

Do symbolics even get resolved in batch admin statements?

Stuart 

• 5.  Re: Hi - I need some help with Site Symbolics. 

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 22, 2015 10:30 AM

Hi FelicityV, I'm with Stuart on this, what are you trying to do with your SCL?  Is it batch ADMIN SCL and DEFINE TYPE and trying set values for base/delta/source output type libraries that include site symbols, or perhaps DEFINE PROCESSOR SYMBOL...  Without the context of what you are trying to do it's hard to help.

Even though you've opened a case with support, now that you've got the community interested it would be helpful to share a little more information.

Eoin

• 6.  Re: Hi - I need some help with Site Symbolics. 
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 22, 2015 04:14 PM

Thanks for the response.  I was trying to use Batch SCL to define a new system and CA Support told me this morning, that you can’t use symbolics in Batch Define statements, so I’ve put an entry out there for people to vote on.

Thanks for your help.

Felicity Vaughan

• 7.  Re: Hi - I need some help with Site Symbolics. 

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 05, 2016 07:48 AM

Just to confirm for anybody following this thread - the issue Fily found was when defining SYSTEM definitions and trying to use Endevor Site Symbols for the PROCESSOR LOAD and LISTING libraries... this was not supported. Site Symbols are of course allowed in TYPE definitions and PROCESSOR SYMBOLS - it's just the SYSTEM definition that does not currently support them (online or in batch) - If however you feel that this would be useful at your site, or should just be addressed as a consistency issue, please follow the ideation thread at ENDEVOR

• 8.  Re: Hi - I need some help with Site Symbolics. 

Posted Jan 06, 2016 12:29 PM

Is it possible to have a processor that generates all of the BATCH ADMIN statements and writes them to an output dataset? Doesnt the SANDBOX routine do something like that?