Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  Endevor batch element search based on character string.

Posted Oct 07, 2015 02:03 PM

Hello!

We are running Endevor 17.0.  I am trying to do a search on the DB, for all elements in all sys/subsys, which is based on a character string.  It failing with the error "C1G0030E  UNABLE TO VERIFY FOOTPRINT FOR ELEMENT IN THE ELEMENT BASE LIBRARY", and gives a member and library name.  The only solutions I found online involved the execution of PGM BSTCOPY, whereas my job, generated from the panels, is executing NDVRC1.  Can anyone point me towards a solution?

The complete SCL is:

STATEMENT #1                                            

LIST ELEMENT '*'                                        

VERSION 01 LEVEL 00                                   

FROM ENVIRONMENT 'EMG#PRD' SYSTEM 'system' SUBSYSTEM '*' 

TYPE '*' STAGE P                                    

OPTIONS SHOWING TEXT NOSEARCH                         

WHERE TEXT EQ                                         

'SCA-WORK-AREA'                                         

Thanks!                                        

• 2.  Re: Endevor batch element search based on character string.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 08, 2015 07:45 AM

Hi KJFord,

Please open an issue to CA Support.

Regards,

Ollivier

• 3.  Re: Endevor batch element search based on character string.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 09, 2015 10:55 AM

HI KJFord,

I notice your SCL has a VERSION 01 LEVEL 00 statement coded for Element '*'

Is this deliberate - are you trying to search all 'original' versions only.

What happens when you delete or comment out that line?

Eoin

• 4.  Re: Endevor batch element search based on character string.
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 09, 2015 11:44 AM

Hello KJ,

As Ollivier stated probably best if you open a case with the Endevor support team.

But maybe this will help.  you probably received a message similar to this:

C1g0030E  UNABLE TO VERIFY FOOTPRINT FOR ELEMENT IN THE ELEMENT BASE LIBRARY

AT LOCATION:  ENV: ENV1, STG: 1, SYS: TIMTEST, SBS: TIMSUBX, TYPE: CPYLIB

DATA SET BST.TIM2012.COPYLIB

MBR/FILE E792MIFL

This is telling me that Endevor was not able to member E792MIFL (an encrypted name) in the base library used by type CPYLIB.

You can go into Endevor display for type find the name of the base library , then go into the DISPLAY FOOTPRINT option and browse your base library looking for the encrypted  name.  To make it easier one can do an ESORT any of the header names to help make your search easier.

The odds are the member name is not located in the base library hence the message.

At this point you need to track down what members are missing.

Best way to do that is to do a foreground  LIST ELMENET for inventory group mention and attempted to browse them one by one. You will get a footprint error on the browse. 

Now you need to decide if these members are still relevant and need to be in Endevor.  If not you can just delete them and move on.  If they are you need to see if they are located somewhere - a backup - a source output library etc and then read them once deleted.

• 5.  Re: Endevor batch element search based on character string.

Posted Oct 09, 2015 12:06 PM

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, which I will try and will follow up with posts.  I did open a case with CA and it was suggested that there is a lack of synchronization between the MCF file and base library, and that I will need to delete and restore the element in question.  I will let you all know how this transpires.  Thanks again!

• 6.  Re: Endevor batch element search based on character string.

Posted Oct 18, 2015 06:31 PM

Hello - we are going to pursue a restore of the element in error, and proceed from there.  Deleting the line VERSION 1 LEVEL 0 from the SCL produced a great deal of output in the report which did include the information we needed.  In order to produce an accurate listing we will do the restore.  Thanks everyone!