CA TPX Session Management for z/OS

[VIDEO] A Message From Greg Lotko, SVP & GM, Mainframe Division, Broadcom – November 2018 

11-14-2018 10:02 AM

In this brief video, Greg Lotko, SVP and GM of the Broadcom Mainframe division announces the successful completion of Broadcom’s acquisition of CA Technologies. Greg describes Broadcom’s perspective on the data center market, and in particular, the mainframe. He shares his optimism for the mainframe business going forward and underscores Broadcom’s commitment to delivering leadership technology and customer value.

Check back in the coming weeks for updates on Broadcom’s customer success strategy and technical direction.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

11-15-2018 10:04 AM

You're welcome. Thanks for letting me know you couldn't view the video. 

11-15-2018 09:57 AM

Thanks

11-15-2018 09:44 AM

This isn't EXACTLY what he says in the video, but it hits all of the important points:

"On November 5th, 2018, we announced that Broadcom successfully completed the acquisition of CA Technologies.

The Broadcom acquisition creates a tremendous opportunity for our customers and partners, particularly in the Mainframe business. To fully appreciate this, it’s important to understand Broadcom’s perspective on Enterprise IT.

Broadcom recognizes the opportunity of the data center market. Growth in their networking and storage businesses reflects the need for large data centers, run by both enterprises and service providers, to securely and reliably scale. Much of this growth is driven by digital transformation initiatives pervading every industry and geography and will drive continued growth in IT.

Broadcom also realizes Mainframes remain the backbone of data centers like yours, where scale and performance matter for the world’s most mission-critical applications. Hence, Broadcom sees the natural synergy of their industry-leading IT Infrastructure offerings with CA’s industry-leading suite of Mainframe solutions for Hybrid IT environments.

Broadcom has a decades-long track record of being the technology leader in the markets they serve. Broadcom invests over $3.2 billion a year on R&D and product development. CEO Hock Tan recently stated in Broadcom’s 3Q, 2018 Earnings Call referencing the CA Mainframe business “So bottom line, we actually see this opportunity, a great opportunity I might say, to double down for future growth.” This will benefit you as a customer. As part of Broadcom, our focus on continuous innovation will remain the cornerstone of delivering customer value while only increasing our investment.

As the leader of Broadcom’s Mainframe Division, I am extremely optimistic about the future. We are committed to innovation and customer service, as we have proven thus far, and will continue to demonstrate every day as part of the Broadcom family.

Finally, thank you for being a CA, now Broadcom, customer. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at Gregory.Lotko@broadcom.com."

11-15-2018 08:39 AM

Is there a text version?

My company blocks YouTube and Videos in general.

Patrick

11-14-2018 04:27 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Always appreciated. 

11-14-2018 04:07 PM

I agree and that includes a good old fashioned text only version.  Some of us do not need to / would rather not see a video and would prefer just the text available separately.  It is searchable and faster to read.

11-14-2018 02:27 PM

Just saw it, thanks for getting this taken are of. Would encourage all accessible means be deployed for multimedia platforms..

11-14-2018 12:44 PM

Joe -- I went ahead and transcribed/added the captions. If it doesn't pull into the community, you can see them on YouTube here: A Message From Greg Lotko, SVP & GM, Mainframe Division, Broadcom - YouTube 

11-14-2018 11:55 AM

Joe -- thanks for this comment. I'm actually in the process of working on the caption today as well. If I don't get the copy from the team that created it, I'll transcribe what Greg is saying myself within the YouTube editor. 

I'll make sure that I comment on this thread when it's ready. I appreciate your patience!

11-14-2018 11:44 AM

Hi Lenn..

This video isn't captioned so individuals like myself cannot follow. Can you recommend to your higher ups at CA/Broadcom to caption all their utube content please?

Thanks, -Joe

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.