IDMS

• 1.  Accessing ADS dialogs and other IDMS tasks from CICS

Posted Jul 12, 2012 10:53 AM
    Hi,

Has anyone used CICS monitor to run ADS dialogs? What better way to define two or more CV's for CICS?

• 2.  RE: [Application Developer Issues] Accessing ADS dialogs and other IDMS tas

Posted Jul 12, 2012 03:08 PM
    Fadul,

ADS does not run under CICS. And there is a way to access multiple CVs from CICS programs. Check the IDMS installation documentation for this.

Contact me off list to discuss calling ADS dialogs and DC COBOL programs from outside of IDMS DC.

Tom Hebert
    tom.hebert@obj-ex.com
    +1 (480) 788-6601

From: CA IDMS (IUA EIUA) Global User Community [mailto:CommunityAdmin@communities-mail.ca.com]
    Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2012 7:53 AM
    To: mb.15281477.98518554@myca-email.ca.com
    Subject: [Application Developer Issues] Accessing ADS dialogs and other IDMS tasks from CICS

Hi,

Has anyone used CICS monitor to run ADS dialogs? What better way to define two or more CV's for CICS?
    Posted by:Fadul
    --
    CA Communities Message Boards
    mb.15281477.98518554@myca-email.ca.com<mailto:mb.15281477.98518554@myca-email.ca.com>
    https://communities.ca.com

• 3.  RE: [Application Developer Issues] Accessing ADS dialogs and other IDMS tas

Posted Jul 13, 2012 02:02 PM
    You're right. ADS does not run under CICS but you can call dialog ads from CICS.
    I'm using the intermitent mode.
    My question is if I have been setted the environment correctly or if is there other ways to do it because the manual is not clear.
    Thanks for reply.

• 4.  RE: [Application Developer Issues] Accessing ADS dialogs and other IDMS tas

Posted Jul 15, 2012 10:40 PM
    Are you trying to use UDAS - UCF Distributed Application Support?

Some other means of calling ADS from CICS?

Which environment settings are you concerned about?

Happy to try to help if I knew more - cheers - Gary

Gary Cherlet

• 5.  RE: [Application Developer Issues] Accessing ADS dialogs and other IDMS tas

Posted Jul 16, 2012 09:14 AM
    Yes.

I defined two CV's to CICS JCL, by adding SYSCTL and IDMS.LOADLIB DDNAME. SYSCT01 points to CV01 and SYSCT02 points to CV02.

There are two TRANSID (IN01 and IN02) to call IDMSINTC (IDMSIN01 and IDMSIN02) one for each CV. CWA displacement 0 for first CV and CWA 4 for second CV.

The ADS dialogs are called by ADS1 xxxxxxx or ADS2 xxxxxxx (Where xxxxxxx is IDMS dialog name). ADS1 and ADS2 area two TRANSID defined to CICS. ADS1 call UCFCI01 and ADS2 call UCFCI02.

The problem and how was solved:

1 - CICS TRANSID are four bytes length, but IDMS are eigth, so I had to set many ADSx CICS TRANSID (Where x is CV number identifier) passing the mainline dialog name as parameter.

There are other way to solve it ?

• 6.  RE: [Application Developer Issues] Accessing ADS dialogs and other IDMS tas

Posted Jul 16, 2012 10:34 PM
    IDMS-DC Task Codes can be 1 to 8 characters - so you can make them the same as the CICS Trans Id's.! The only down side is that the mainline dialog names would also have to be the same characters (and same number of characters of course) as the IDMS task code that will be invoking ADSORUN1!

So that would mean that the CICS Trans Id, the IDMS Task Code and the mainline dialog would all be the same! Does that solve your problem?

HTH - cheers - Gary

Gary Cherlet

• 7.  RE: [Application Developer Issues] Accessing ADS dialogs and other IDMS tas

Posted Jul 17, 2012 10:13 AM
    [size=3]
    Summarizing, I limit the mainline dialogue in 4 bytes lenght or I call through the ADS task using dialog name as parameter.
    Thanks.[size]
    :bashful:

• 8.  RE: [Application Developer Issues] Accessing ADS dialogs and other IDMS tas

Posted Jul 16, 2012 09:27 AM
    When at the gas company, we did it (run ADS in a CICS system) using IDMSUCF.

If memory serves, we pointed the CICS task to IDMSUCF which in turn fired off a ADS task with the same id. In other words, CICS task BILL fired off DC task BILL which in turn started the ADS task. AISTR, the UCFTASK passed a datablock that contained the 3270 buffer back and forth. It's been too long for the exact mechanics.

Dick

Richard Pierce