IDMS

IDMS R17 with zIIP processors

• 1.  IDMS R17 with zIIP processors

Posted Jan 19, 2009 02:38 PM
    Does anyone have practical experience with how much CPU savings can be
    achieved using zIIP processors with IDMS R17?

*****JuliusBaer Disclaimer***** This e-mail is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please contact us immediately and completely delete it (and any attachments) and do not forward it or inform any other person of its contents. If you send us messages by e-mail, we take this as your authorization to correspond with you by e-mail, however, we will not accept the electronic transmission of orders/instructions without a specific agreement being in place to govern the same. If you do not wish to receive any further e-mail correspondence please let us know. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, amended, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Neither the Julius Baer Group nor the sender accept liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this message which arise as a result of its e-mail transmission. Please note that all e-mail communications to and from the Julius Baer Group may be monitored. This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction.
    "
    IDMS Public Discussion Forum
    IDMS-L@LISTSERV.IUASSN.COM
    SMTP
    SMTP

Normal

Normal
    Re: IDMS R17 with zIIP processors
    "I'm running benchmarks at the moment. It doesn't look good so far.=20

IDMS is indeed using a lot of ZIIP processing resulting in a reported
    reduction in CPU time on the main processor. However in terms of
    throughput my benchmarks are giving me almost 50% performance
    degradation.

Example: 1,000,000 records read from a fully buffered area with existing
    system (No ZIIP) I get 21,000 records per second. With ZIIP turned on my
    reported CPU is down to about a third but my records per second is

I'm running further benchmarks with I/O intensive jobs and mixed loads.
    Results available soon.

Chris Trayler =20