IDMS

• 1.  Upgrading to z/os 2.1 get abend SFAE U0000 Reason=00000000

Posted Oct 01, 2018 12:12 PM

In the test lpar, IDMS Release 18.5, I changed SVC,  reassembled and linked SVCOPT, SRTT, sysgen, startup proc.   Ran CAIRIM to load new SVC.  I can run  UCF Batch startup and the cv comes up.  I can't access it through switch or vtam though.  When I try to manually start it, it abends with the above message.  I did talk to system programmer and he tells me the APFLIB is authorized.  What have I forgotten?

• 2.  Re: Upgrading to z/os 2.1 get abend SFAE U0000 Reason=00000000

Posted Oct 01, 2018 12:31 PM

Hey! Steve Zoeller!!!! I remember you from way back in our days at Hertz! I'd like to try to help you out with your IDMS problem if someone else doesn't beat me to it.. Just saw your question come in to my mailbox at IBM. I'm swamped right now, but will try to get back to you later this afternoon/week!

• 3.  Re: Upgrading to z/os 2.1 get abend SFAE U0000 Reason=00000000

Posted Oct 01, 2018 01:21 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Robert Pearce!  I remember you!!    Only I’m Sherrie (Coate) Zoeller.  I used to work with Nona, Fred, Mark, etc…  Didn’t you hang with Trudy?  Steve is retired systems programmer he ended up at Sprint, then Pepsico in Dallas.  I ended up at Southwest and still contract in to support IDMS.   It’s so good to hear from you!!

• 4.  Re: Upgrading to z/os 2.1 get abend SFAE U0000 Reason=00000000

Posted Oct 01, 2018 01:33 PM

Oh, Yes!!! The first thing I thought when I saw "zoeller" was Steve... How are you doing Sherrie? Hertz outsourced 125 Tech Support folks on April 1, 2008, and I got picked up by IBM to continue IDMS Systems and DBA Support on the Hertz Account! I'm looking forward to the day I can finally retire, but it won't be for a few more years!

• 5.  Re: Upgrading to z/os 2.1 get abend SFAE U0000 Reason=00000000

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 01, 2018 12:58 PM

Sharon,

You should probably open a case with support.  SFAE means SVC 174 is not installed in the LPAR and something you are running is making an SVC 174 call.

Not sure what you mean by UCF Batch to startup CV. If you are getting the SFAE at CV startup then either the SRTT the CV uses or the sysgen has specified SVC 174 and the SFAE says it is not installed.

• 6.  Re: Upgrading to z/os 2.1 get abend SFAE U0000 Reason=00000000

Posted Oct 02, 2018 09:10 AM

abend system SFxx : SVC problem, xx is the hexa value of SVC in trouble (AE hex -> 174 dec)

If SVC 174 is new on your system, the installation of a new SVC is not immediate : the update of CA.RIM.PPOPTION(CARIMPRM) is taken by next IPL.

To validate immediatly  the new SVC, you have to submit a job like that  (sample for v19.0 installation)

//*                                                                  
    //CAIRIM   EXEC PGM=CAIRIM                                           
    //STEPLIB  DD DISP=SHR,DSN=[your paramater's pds]                        
    //*                                                                  
    //PARMLIB  DD *                                                      
    PRODUCT(CA IDMS) VERSION(GJJ0) INIT(GJJ0INIT) PARM(REFRESH(SVC=174)) 
    /*                                                                   
    //KEYS     DD DUMMY                                                  
    /*             

it's perhaps your problem !        

You can see SVC intalled by option SVC of sysview      

• 7.  Re: Upgrading to z/os 2.1 get abend SFAE U0000 Reason=00000000

Posted Oct 02, 2018 11:18 AM

100 %  juste   Calimero. Prompt sur la balle. Philippe

• 8.  Re: Upgrading to z/os 2.1 get abend SFAE U0000 Reason=00000000

Posted Oct 03, 2018 04:11 PM

The SVC problem turned out to be that the original  SVC had been commented out of  CAS9 in the test LPAR.  So there was no need to create the new SVC. That was fixed, and everything works fine now. Thanks for all the great tips, I'll be ready for next time!