Clarity

• 1.  Jaspersoft - Table element not same as power point table when exported to PPT

Posted Sep 26, 2017 06:58 AM

Hi,

I have used a table element in custom jasper report and when exported to PPT, found that this table element does n't behave in a similar way as power point tables do.

For example, it's not possible to select a whole row/column or do sorting/filtering on columns & neither insert/delete operations on row/columns.

Is there any way to have the tables configured in jaspersoft like simple power point tables, instead of being a collection of separate text boxes?

Thanks,

Manisha

• 2.  Re: Jaspersoft - Table element not same as power point table when exported to PPT

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 05, 2017 01:35 AM

For the rest of the community 

I had discussion regarding this question with Tibco developers and unfortunately they are not supporting native PPTX tables, elements in a JRXML table are exported separately and aligned in order to form a table-like structure, but they are not inserted into a PPTX table. So Tibco filed an enhancement request #JRL-1275

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: Jaspersoft - Table element not same as power point table when exported to PPT

Posted Oct 05, 2017 11:14 PM

The same occurs when JapserSoft reports are exported to Word, the data is exported as Frames.  The output looks like a Word table, until the user attempts to edit the exported Word document, and it is not easy.

• 4.  Re: Jaspersoft - Table element not same as power point table when exported to PPT

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 07, 2017 02:24 PM

Hi Ronald,

Thats correct, that's the reason we have used Frames in all our out of box reports.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 5.  Re: Jaspersoft - Table element not same as power point table when exported to PPT

Posted Oct 08, 2017 07:12 AM

Hi Manisha,

I've noticed that behavior too. Basically if you know that your client will most of the time export to PPTX then you should work on the report based on the PPTX and not on how it looks like on the webpage.

Anthony