ESP Workload Automation

• 1.  APPLINS => Add External Dependencies

Posted Nov 17, 2014 08:09 AM

Boy, I'm new to this, so not even sure if I am in the right group, but . . . Trying to add an External Dependency to an APPL in the Workload "execution" queue through an UNIX batch job.  I get "ESPWSS900I ENDING QUOTE ASSUMED, 'UNIX_JOB NZD_NZWBTAPADATE_ST1 EXTERNAL SCHEDULED('10/01/2014') APPLID(NZDPADAT)" and the rest of the command errors out as "INVALID COMMAND".  The External adds, but to the last job in the APPL instead of the one I want.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.  Code is ==> /usr/local/ESP/Agent/ESPlmi -sespwss-dev.cols.ent.nwie.net:5301 -uwalteg5 -pXXXXXXX "-cAPPLINS APPL(NZDBTASD.0) STATEMENTS('UNIX_JOB NZD_NZWBTAPADATE_ST1 EXTERNAL SCHEDULED(''06:00 10/01/2014'') APPLID(NZDPADAT);RUN ANY;RELEASE ADD(NZD_NZWBTASD_ST1);ENDJOB;)'".  Any ideas or suggestions?

• 2.  Re: APPLINS => Add External Dependencies

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 17, 2014 03:56 PM

There seems two errors:

- The SCHEDULED criteria should be SCHEDULED('' 6:00 OCT 1 2014'')

- There shouldn't be ';' after ENDJOB, it should be ENDJOB')", the single quote will match the one after STATEMENTS

• 3.  Re: APPLINS => Add External Dependencies

Posted Nov 19, 2014 03:43 PM

Lucy,

Thanks so much for the response.  Modified the date format and corrected the quote that was in the wrong place.  Still getting the ""ESPWSS900I ENDING QUOTE ASSUMED, 'UNIX_JOB NZD_NZWBTAPADATE. . ." error when it hits the semi-colon "APPLID(NZDPADAT)" and before "RUN ANY".  Everything (including RUN ANY) errors out as an invalid command.  Any other ideas?

Thanks.

• 4.  Re: APPLINS => Add External Dependencies

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 20, 2014 10:05 AM

Hello,

Will you share the current APPLINS command?

And I will see if I can spot anything.

Thank you,

Lucy

• 5.  Re: APPLINS => Add External Dependencies

Posted Nov 21, 2014 07:09 AM

Lucy,

Again, thank you for your interest and knowledge.   I really do appreciate you looking at this.  This week has not been a good one at Nationwide (other issues).  Anyway, sorry I did not include the code I corrected and the delay in responding.  Here it is with the messages.  Thanks again.

/beta/nfid> /usr/local/ESP/Agent/ESPlmi -sespwss-dev.cols.ent.nwie.net:5301 -uwalteg5 -pXXXXXXX "-cAPPLINS APPL(NZDBTASD.0) STATEMENTS('UNIX_JOB NZD_NZWBTAPADATE_ST1 EXTERNAL SCHEDULED('' 6:00 OCT 1 2014'') APPLID(NZDPADAT);RELEASE ADD(NZD_NZWBTASD_ST1);ENDJOB;')"

-->APPLINS APPL(NZDBTASD.0) STATEMENTS('UNIX_JOB NZD_NZWBTAPADATE_ST1 EXTERNAL SCHEDULED('' 6:00 OCT 1 2014'') APPLID(NZDPADAT)

ESPWSS900I ENDING QUOTE ASSUMED, 'UNIX_JOB NZD_NZWBTAPADATE_ST1 EXTERNAL SCHEDULED(' 6:00 OCT 1 2014') APPLID(NZDPADAT)

-->RELEASE ADD(NZD_NZWBTASD_ST1)

ESPWSS171E INVALID EVENT ID, ADD(NZD_NZWBTASD_ST1)

-->ENDJOB

ESPWSS101W INVALID COMMAND, ENDJOB

-->')

ESPWSS101W INVALID COMMAND, ')

/beta/nfid>

• 6.  Re: APPLINS => Add External Dependencies

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 25, 2014 02:10 PM

Hello,

It seems the ";" after ENDJOB is still there, could you remove it and retry?

And I can't see "RUN ANY", I presume you may removed it.

Just FYI, I tried the following in ESP Proc, NOT from ESPLMI and it works fine:

Note: the appl.gen is diferent from yours.

ESP APPLINS APPLICATION(APPLEND.4) STATEMENTS('+  

UNIX_JOB NZD_NZWBTAPADATE_ST1 EXTERNAL +           

SCHEDULED(''6:00 OCT 1 2014'') APPLID(NZDPADAT);+  

RUN ANY;RELEASE ADD(NZDASD_ST1);ENDJOB')          

Lucy

• 7.  Re: APPLINS => Add External Dependencies

Posted Dec 01, 2014 01:36 PM

Lucy,

Thanks so much for your patience with me.  I still seem to be getting the same results.  The "ESPlmi" program hits the sem-colon (;) after the first part of the External Dependency definition STATEMENTS('UNIX_JOB NZD_NZWBTAPADATE_ST1 EXTERNAL SCHEDULED('' 6:00 OCT 1 2014'') APPLID(NZDPADAT);RUN ANY;RELEASE ADD(C.R_ST1);ENDJOB') and chokes.  I am actually executing a series of commands from a script.  The series is:

/usr/local/ESP/Agent/ESPlmi -sespwss-dev.cols.ent.nwie.net:5301 -uwalteg5 -pMom#09Ka "-cvset INTEG_LEVEL 'GTW1' TABLE(NZDST1I)" > /beta/nfid/BetaFlows/log/LIFE_CycleDate20160123_NZDBTASD.esp.log

/usr/local/ESP/Agent/ESPlmi -sespwss-dev.cols.ent.nwie.net:5301 -uwalteg5 -pMom#09Ka "-ctrigger NZDST1.NZDBTASD AT(' 6:00 OCT 1 2014') ADD HOLD" >> /beta/nfid/BetaFlows/log/LIFE_CycleDate20160123_NZDBTASD.esp.log

/usr/local/ESP/Agent/ESPlmi -sespwss-dev.cols.ent.nwie.net:5301 -uwalteg5 -pMom#09Ka "-cAPPLINS APPL(NZDBTASD.0) STATEMENTS('UNIX_JOB NZD_NZWBTAPADATE_ST1 EXTERNAL SCHEDULED('' 6:00 OCT 1 2014'') APPLID(NZDPADAT);RUN ANY;RELEASE ADD(C.R_ST1);ENDJOB')" >> /beta/nfid/BetaFlows/log/LIFE_CycleDate20160123_NZDBTASD.esp.log

/usr/local/ESP/Agent/ESPlmi -sespwss-dev.cols.ent.nwie.net:5301 -uwalteg5 -pMom#09Ka "-cvset INTEG_LEVEL 'BETA' TABLE(NZDST1I)" >> /beta/nfid/BetaFlows/log/LIFE_CycleDate20160123_NZDBTASD.esp.log

All of the commands are working except the External Dependency.  The "/beta/nfid/BetaFlows/log/LIFE_CycleDate20160123_NZDBTASD.esp.log" contains

-->vset INTEG_LEVEL 'GTW1' TABLE(NZDST1I)

-->trigger NZDST1.NZDBTASD AT(' 6:00 OCT 1 2014') ADD HOLD

ESPWSS2502I EVENT TRIGGERED

-->APPLINS APPL(NZDBTASD.0) STATEMENTS('UNIX_JOB NZD_NZWBTAPADATE_ST1 EXTERNAL SCHEDULED('' 6:00 OCT 1 2014'') APPLID(NZDPADAT)

ESPWSS900I ENDING QUOTE ASSUMED, 'UNIX_JOB NZD_NZWBTAPADATE_ST1 EXTERNAL SCHEDULED(' 6:00 OCT 1 2014') APPLID(NZDPADAT)

-->RUN ANY

ESPWSS101W INVALID COMMAND, RUN

-->RELEASE ADD(C.R_ST1)

ESPWSS171E INVALID EVENT ID, ADD(C.R_ST1)

-->ENDJOB')

ESPWSS101W INVALID COMMAND, ENDJOB')

-->vset INTEG_LEVEL 'BETA' TABLE(NZDST1I)

As you can see the External Dependency definition is fine up through the ". . .APPLID(NZDPADAT)".  It appears to hit the semi-colon (;) and thinks it needs a closing quote, then errors the remainder of the commands.  When I look at the APPL in the Execution Queue, the External Dependency is added, but is releasing the APPLEND instead of the C.R.  Also, when I do an AJ command the External Dependency definition in the execution queue appears to be SCHEDULED properly, just releasing (SUCCESSOR) the wrong job.

The command sent to the server is: AJ NZD_NZWBTAPADATE_ST1 APPL(NZDBTASD.55)

Job=NZD_NZWBTAPADATE_ST1, Wob=UJ, PredWait, Hold=1

Expected completion ...... Not Available

External, ShortName=NZD_NZWB.~0000003

Predecessors:

Job=C.R_ST1, Wob=AS, Wait

Successors:

Job=APPLEND.NZDBTASD_ST1, Wob=AE, PredWait, Hold=2

Appl=NZDBTASD.55, Held

Scheduled ................ 2014/10/01 06:00

Built .................... 2014/12/01 12:22

DueOutPropagation, Event=NZDST1.NZDBTASD, TrigUser=WALTEG5

ESPWSS000 -->

I tried removing the semi-colon after the ". . .APPLID(NZDPADAT)" and got the same set of errors as above beginning with "ESPWSS900I ENDING QUOTE ASSUMED. . ." except it erred separately on the "RUN" and the "ANY" words.  In the past, I have tried the command with no semi-colons, but still erred out all the commands after ". . .APPLID(NZDPADAT)".

I beginning to believe there is a bug in "ESPlmi".  Not really sure where to go from here.  Your insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

George

• 8.  Re: APPLINS => Add External Dependencies
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 03, 2014 09:52 AM

Hello,

We tested here and were able to replicate. You are right, it seems ESPLMI related. I tested before with ESP APPLINS without problem. You may open a support ticket to involve our next level.

As alternative, wonder if you are fine to use the ADHOC feature introduced in ESP 11.3. Basically you can define the jobs ahead with no RUN statement, then issue ADHOC command later to request it. Following is from the release notes of ESP 11.3:

You can now schedule ad-hoc workload by inserting pre-defined workload objects into an active application. The new AH line command (in CSF and Application Monitor) and the new ADHOC command allow you to insert ad-hoc workload that is defined in a procedure, but not currently selected to run in the application.

Thank you,

Lucy

• 9.  Re: APPLINS => Add External Dependencies

Posted Aug 11, 2015 11:14 AM

Just a quick update to this, we were able to do this using the web services calls to the WSS!

Thanks,

Nate