Broadcom Customer Care

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec End Point Protection Causing Crash in Google Chrome

Posted May 04, 2020 09:51 AM
    Dear Broadcom Support,

My laptop is installed with Symantec End Point Protection and the software is causing Google Chrome to crash.

The issue begins when I open Google Chrome browser, it always crash and I get message "Aw Snap! Error Code: STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH". I followed the diagnostic steps as proposed in this blog post that the crash is related to Windows Renderer Code Integrity, a Windows security feature which prevent web browser to load/render any binary that is not signed by Microsoft.

Upon looking further, I found that in my laptop, Symantec End Point Protection is the only program that is rendered by Chrome that is not signed by Microsoft. Looking further to the windows event log, I found this error message;

Code Integrity determined that a process (\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe) attempted to load \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\System32\sysfer.dll that did not meet the Microsoft signing level requirements.

I think sysfer.dll belongs to Symantec End Point Protection.

Some blog post I found suggest that the resolve for this issue is updating the software and meet the Microsoft Code Integrity requirements. Therefore I am writing this post to reach out to Broadcom as the software vendors to ask for solution as I haven't found any updates in the software that solve this issue.

Best regards,
    Ridho Akbar

------------------------------
    Ridho Akbar
    Data Analytics Manager

• 2.  RE: Symantec End Point Protection Causing Crash in Google Chrome

Posted May 04, 2020 09:53 AM
    I can't renew my expired license ... who will help me? I'm tired of looking.

• 3.  RE: Symantec End Point Protection Causing Crash in Google Chrome

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2020 03:21 PM
    Hi moussa ABDRAMAN

To renew the license files, please contact the sales team by submitting your details using the sales form

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: Symantec End Point Protection Causing Crash in Google Chrome

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2020 03:13 PM
    Hi Ridho Akbar

Looks like it's a technical query related to Endpoint Protection product. I would suggest you to post this issue on Endpoint Protection community for better visibility. 

Link: https://community.broadcom.com/symantecenterprise/communities/communityhomeblogs?CommunityKey=1ecf5f55-9545-44d6-b0f4-4e4a7f5f5e68

Regards, 
    Heena Tabassum
    Customer Care Community Admin
    Broadcom