CA Endevor

View Only

CA Eclipse plugins public repository! 

May 30, 2018 10:23 AM

CA Technologies would like to announce a new public repository for CA Eclipse plugins, available at the following location:

http://plugins.ca.com/dez/repository/

This repository contains GA Versions of plugins for CA Endevor® SCM, CA InterTest™, CA SymDump®, CA File Master™ Plus, and CA Mainframe Application Tuner, which can be downloaded and installed within your Eclipse IDE client.

http://plugins.ca.com/endevor-plugin/18.0.2/

This repository contains latest version of plugins for CA Endevor® SCM

Going forward , CA Technologies will provide new versions of the Eclipse plug-ins for these products within the public repository, which you can easily access from your Eclipse IDE.

If you don’t have an Eclipse IDE, we encourage you to try IBM Explorer for z/OS Aqua. IBM Explorer for z/OS Aqua is a free tool that provides basic functionality for browsing datasets and smart JCL editor.

For additional functionality, we recommend CA Development Environment for z Systems.

Attached is simple document with instructions how to install plugins with Eclipse IDE (in this case IBM Explorer for z/OS Aqua)

Please contact us if you have any questions or if you need further assistance installing the CA Eclipse plug-ins or CA Development Environment for z Systems.

Dejan Milinkovic, Dejan.Milinkovic@ca.com, Product Manager

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
3 Downloads
Attachment(s)
pdf file
DEzPluginsInstallation.pdf   401 KB   1 version
Uploaded - May 29, 2019

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Oct 30, 2018 05:10 PM

So has anyone found where to obtain the User Guide?  That link only provides information to install the plugin, but not how to actually use it and I've spent a lot of time trying to figure it out and it's not intuitive.

Oct 30, 2018 12:14 PM

Hi Kim,

CA Agile Central is not published with MF DevOps Eclipse plugins.

Per documentation (https://docs.ca.com/en-us/ca-agile-central/saas/eclipse-installation-user-guide), location of CA AC eclipse plugin is here https://my.tasktop.com/downloads/ca-agile-central/dev/ide 

hope this helps.

regards,

dejan 

Oct 26, 2018 09:55 PM

This doesn't make any mention about the plugin for CA Agile Central.  Where is this and where is the user guide?

Jul 18, 2018 08:53 AM

Hi Emlyn,

We planned validation call where we would like to go thru similar questions like this, to understand all concerns and provide answers to alleviate all concerns.

In a case of older version of Core Endevor or Endevor API, new Endevor plugin will still work with them, but new functionality (what is dependent on new core or API version) will not be working.

Regarding your point about developer overstepping site release level, I need to admit that I didn't understand properly the concern. Is it like that all your developers needs to have same version of plugins (as is validated by some your internal departments)?

thanks,

Dejan

Jul 04, 2018 06:31 AM

Hi Dejan,

There is a dependency between the Eclipse plug in and the version of Endevor that is running on the mainframe. A developer could install the latest plug in from the CA site, but the customer site could be on a older release. How would we ensure that developers don't overstep the site's release level?

Emlyn

Jul 04, 2018 04:22 AM

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for your question.

We encourage the customers to add plugins.ca.com as a trusted site. This should guarantee the access to the plugins.

Regarding sync with CSIQPLOAD dataset, there is no synchronization and plugins will be provided independently through the repository site only. Providing eclipse plugins updates via APARs/PTFs will be discontinued.

We are happy to assist you with the adoption of this new way of the delivery.

Please let us know if you may have any concerns or other ideas.

Regards,

Dejan

May 31, 2018 05:32 AM

Hi Dejan,

I love this idea, however I can't access the repository because of company proxy servers.

Is there a relationship between the Eclipse UI and the mainframe CSIQPLOAD dataset.

Could they get out of sync and cause issues?

Stuart

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.