Endevor

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Hello, I have a little question about EXITS Endevor. Ithought the EXIT 7 was only invoked during Packages ! But I receive messages from my own PKGEXIT7 program during a simple ADD out of a Package. Could somebody help me please ?

• 1.  Hello, I have a little question about EXITS Endevor. Ithought the EXIT 7 was only invoked during Packages ! But I receive messages from my own PKGEXIT7 program during a simple ADD out of a Package. Could somebody help me please ?

Posted Sep 27, 2017 10:17 AM

EXIT7

• 2.  Re: Hello, I have a little question about EXITS Endevor. Ithought the EXIT 7 was only invoked during Packages ! But I receive messages from my own PKGEXIT7 program during a simple ADD out of a Package. Could somebody help me please ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2017 11:12 AM

You already answered your question.  You stated that you do a simple ADD from a PACKAGE.  Once the Package is the vessel for the action, your package exit will be invoked.

• 3.  Re: Hello, I have a little question about EXITS Endevor. Ithought the EXIT 7 was only invoked during Packages ! But I receive messages from my own PKGEXIT7 program during a simple ADD out of a Package. Could somebody help me please ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2017 03:11 PM

Hi Bernie,

I think Alain is saying that the Add was done outside - not using a Package.

Alain, can you confirm that a Package was not used to perform the Add?

June

• 4.  Re: Hello, I have a little question about EXITS Endevor. Ithought the EXIT 7 was only invoked during Packages ! But I receive messages from my own PKGEXIT7 program during a simple ADD out of a Package. Could somebody help me please ?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 28, 2017 04:06 AM

Each and every module defined as exit 07 in the endevor user exits table is called once during endevor initialization with PECB-FUNCTION-CODE set to zero (SETUP-EXIT-OPTIONS). This happens regardless of the type of actions (package or non-package) that are going to be performed in the run (which indeed is still not known at that point). If no package actions are performed during that endevor run, the exit will of course never be called again.

If your package exit issues messages in that case (for example, if it has a DISPLAY statement at the start of the procedure division) you will see them at endevor initialization.

If this does not seem to be the case, please raise a support case so that we can look at it

Best regards

Eduard Penafiel

CA Sr Support Engineer

• 5.  Re: Hello, I have a little question about EXITS Endevor. Ithought the EXIT 7 was only invoked during Packages ! But I receive messages from my own PKGEXIT7 program during a simple ADD out of a Package. Could somebody help me please ?

Posted Sep 28, 2017 04:51 AM

Hello Eduard,

Thank you for your mail, it responds clearly to my question.

Best regards.

Alain Houplain

De : eduard-penafiel

Envoyé : jeudi 28 septembre 2017 10:06

À : HOUPLAIN Alain

Objet : Re:  - Re: Hello, I have a little question about EXITS Endevor. Ithought the EXIT 7 was only invoked during Packages ! But I receive messages from my own PKGEXIT7 program during a simple ADD out of a Package. Could somebody help me please ?

CA Communities <https://communities.ca.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: Hello, I have a little question about EXITS Endevor. Ithought the EXIT 7 was only invoked during Packages ! But I receive messages from my own PKGEXIT7 program during a simple ADD out of a Package. Could somebody help me please ?

reply from Eduard Penafiel Salat<https://communities.ca.com/people/eduard-penafiel?et=watches.email.thread> in CA Endevor - View the full discussion<https://communities.ca.com/message/242010609-re-hello-i-have-a-little-question-about-exits-endevor-ithought-the-exit-7-was-only-invoked-during-packages-but-i-receive-messages-from-my-own-pkgexit7-program-during-a-simple-add-out-of-a-package-could-somebody-help-me-please?commentID=242010609&et=watches.email.thread#comment-242010609>