Brocade Fibre Channel Networking Community

7840s able to provide extension capabilities to more than one location simultaneously

• 1.  7840s able to provide extension capabilities to more than one location simultaneously

Posted 03-01-2019 05:22 AM
      |   view attached

We will be performing a data centre (DC) migration from two non metro distance locations to two new locations. We will have a WAN 'grid' in place interconnecting all four locations to aid this (Attachment shows a picture to help).

My question is whether it would be possible to have the same 7840s involved in sending different traffic to different DCs at the same time. For example :

legacy DC1 and legacy DC2 will need to be able to migrate different data(systems) to either new DC 1 or new DC 2, it is not a case of all legacy DC 1 goes to new DC1 and legacy DC2 to new DC2.

I cannot see how a 7840 config can exist which allows for that.situation, or is that possible?

I see what would work as concentrating serially, so that data/systems which are designated from legacy DC1 to new DC1, move them, reconfig 7840 legacy DC1 so moves can then happen for systems designated to new DC2. Reconfig and perform similar from legacy DC2 to new DC1, reconfig then legacy DC2 to new DC2.

OR

Legacy DC1 transfer all to new DC1, reconfig, then Legacy DC2 to new DC1, then reconfig and new DC1 moves applicable systems to new DC2.

New DC1 will be ready several months before new DC2

The end goal will be for the legacy DC's to be taken out of the picture once migration/move has completed and for  permanent WAN links to exist between new DC1 and DC2 which is normal and fine.

Advice appreciated.

Thanks

#BrocadeFibreChannelNetworkingCommunity
    #fcip