CA Service Management

View Only

notify_contacts 

Dec 09, 2015 05:03 PM

SPEL API methods

notify_contacts

This method allows to perform manual notification from spel code. Method will send an email and create activity log entry

Definition:

notify_contacts( uuid, string, string, string, int, int,... ) ;

uuid - user id

string - persistent_id of the object

string - subject

string - body

int - notification urgency

int - visibility of the log (0 - public, 1 - internal)

... - coma separated list of contact persids

working example:

uuid who;
send_wait(0,top_object(), "call_attr", "cnt", "current_user_id");
who=msg[0];
send_wait(0, top_object(), "call_attr", "api", "notify_contacts", who, "cr:401096", "test subject", "test body", 1, 0, "cnt:20AB02D29AA8414FB3BE2F3CEB2E9FEC");
if (msg_error()) {
  printf("Error %s",msg[0]);
}

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Oct 20, 2016 04:00 AM

Great

Oct 18, 2016 02:10 PM

Those are spel methods that are used by webservices. And as far as i know they where not updated to reflect new functionality. For example add_workflow method will not work for wf for request object as well  as related WS method.

Oct 18, 2016 09:17 AM

Thank you for linking that document cdtj, I don't have a reason yet to use this method but wanted to make sure it was documented properly. The document you linked can be used to update this blog post. 

Oct 18, 2016 06:36 AM

Hi gbruneau,

your remarks seems to be correct but if you're looking for good notification method have a look at this one (as I remember, described by Gutis's colleague ):

HTML Notifications in a context of custom object. 

Regards,

cdtj

Oct 18, 2016 12:44 AM

Hi Gutis,

I think there are a few syntax errors on this post.

1. The definition states the method is generic_activity_log but I think it should be notify_contacts. 

2. You have a contacts persid at the end of the method but don't have a description for it. 

3. Do you know if this method is updated for 14.1.02 to work with the optional CC list? 

Thank you for putting this blog together! It's been a great resource. 

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.