DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  9.20 cabi 4.10 fails to install

Posted Aug 21, 2019 03:16 PM
    Edited by Daniel Blanco Aug 21, 2019 03:28 PM
    So now dealing with 9.2.0's cabi 4.10 probe. I had a dedicated robot and deployed the cabi v4.10 probe to the robot. Waited about 30min and cabi probe is red. wasp probe is gray. 
    cabi probe at log level 5 just says:
    Aug 21 11:31:11:863 [1224] Controller: Probe 'cabi' (command = <startup java>) returns no-restart code (42)

Searching community found few different possible solutions.
    1. said bump up the memory of the probe's max. 
    Checked the 4.10's start up section and its only using 256m.
    <startup>
    <opt>
    java_mem_init = -Xms64m
    java_mem_max = -Xmx256m
    dump_memory = -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
    </opt>
    </startup>

I bumped up the max memory to 4096 and starting to 256 and stop/start and still turns red.
    I then added the cryptkey setting to the robot.cfg and stop/start and still no, turns red. 
    I then deployed java 2.0 to the box stop/start and no, turns red. 

Same message:
    Aug 21 13:37:23:563 [main, cabi] setting the lastInstallStatus=4
    Aug 21 13:37:23:563 [main, cabi] successfully set the lastInstallStatus=4
    Aug 21 13:37:23:563 [main, cabi] srcFilePath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\probes\service\cabi\cabi.log, srcFilePath.exists=true, tgtFilePath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\probes\service\cabi\cabi_install_archive.log, tgtFilePath.exists=false
    Aug 21 13:37:24:579 [3036] Controller: Probe 'cabi' (command = <startup java>) returns no-restart code (42)

Now I'm deleting both probes fully (cabi and wasp) and running the cabi drop SQL table script. Removing the nimsoft/c directory.
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management/9-0-2/en/installing/ca-business-intelligence-with-ca-uim/installing-and-upgrading-ca-business-intelligence-jasperreports-server-with-ca-uim/install-or-upgrade-for-a-bundled-ca-business-intelligence-jasperreports-server/uninstall-bundled-ca-business-intelligence-jasperreports-server-from-ca-uim

Our data_engine is connecting to the SQL DB via a sql user not Windows Authentication so running the Robot service as that user doesn't apply here. 

Anyway I did a full clean  up by uninstalling the robot on this box. Deleted entire Nimsoft directory and then installed fresh 9.20 robot from the primary hub's installers page. Added the robot.cfg  cryptkey  entry and then deployed jre v2.00 to the box. Made a entire directory backup and then deployed cabi 4.10 to this box. Magically this time it worked...

Why is deploying cabi always a 50% chance of it working or not?

Anyway since it's running I'm leaving it alone. good luck..

------------------------------
    Daniel Blanco
    Enterprise Tools Architect
    Alphaserve Technologies

• 2.  RE: 9.20 cabi 4.10 fails to install

Posted Aug 21, 2019 04:24 PM
    Sounds like your day has been worse than mine. 

But at least you have a green dot now.

I appreciate the information posted too - four weeks and I get to go through all this too. There's a selfish part of me that hopes you find and solve all the problems I expect to have. Sorry.

-Garin

• 3.  RE: 9.20 cabi 4.10 fails to install

Posted Aug 21, 2019 04:57 PM
    Ha ha.. no worries. I'm just sharing all these "free features" experiences I'm going thru in 9.2.0. 

Daniel Blanco
    Enterprise Tools Architect
    Alphaserve Technologies

• 4.  RE: 9.20 cabi 4.10 fails to install

Posted Aug 23, 2019 03:37 PM
    Dan,

Thanks for sharing your experiences and fixes.  Like Garin, I will be attempting this upgrade in a couple of weeks.  I am hoping your pain is minimized through the rest of your implementation.

• 5.  RE: 9.20 cabi 4.10 fails to install

Posted Sep 03, 2019 11:00 AM
    Hello @Daniel Blanco​ ,

hope you are doing good . I am too facing issues with CABI 4.1 with 9.20 and just found that its working for you . can i please check with what SQL server are you using ?
    for me, we are using Microsoft SQL 2016 server and CABI is simply failing to connect with database . 

details : https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=bfb27962-a0b2-4e3a-be90-f34cdcc80cb6

Thanks 
    Devi

• 6.  RE: 9.20 cabi 4.10 fails to install
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 13, 2019 07:02 AM
    Hi Guys

I have 9.20S implementation and we finally got CABI to install, how

With the standard alone server with a robot at 9.20S cabi would not install kept failing at inst_pkg step.  So in desperation we reinstalled the robot at 9.20 and enabled the hub_adapter on the primary hub.  The cabi probe installed (great) but failed to start, which brought me here.

After applying Daniel's changes (added cryptkey, increased maxmem) still no joy
    we saw in the controller log that nametoip for data_engine was failing (as it was assuming the data_engine was local), so we updated the data_engine entry in wasp.cfg (using the full name as found in UMP wasp cfg file).
    Still failed but now it was trying to get the data_engine connection string directly from <primary_hub>:<data_engine port> and as we are in a 9.20S environment this failed, so we upgraded the CABI robot to 9.20S also (remember above we had downgraded it, to be able to install cabi).
    Now both robots were proxying the communicationand cabi burst into life and went through its setup process.

Now we have CABI 4.10 running on a 9.20S robot.  Hope this helps others into the future.

Cheers, Andrew

Knows a little about UIM/DXim, AE, Automic