CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to insert_object cr_wf in spl code

Posted Oct 02, 2019 09:44 AM
    Hello,
    we are trying to insert CR_WF if some category ticket is created and had no parent tiket but we are unable to do this with insert_object spel api method. It gots no error which could be specified in std.log but keeps time-outs which is super anoying to debug.

We have a following code:
    uuid who;
    object newObject;
    send_wait(0, top_object(), "call_attr", "cnt", "current_user_id");
    who=msg[0];
    send_wait(0, top_object(), "call_attr", "api", "insert_object", who, 'cr_wf', NULL, 0, "object_type", 'cr', "cr", persistent_id, "sequence", 20, "task", "APP", "wf_template", 400060);

Do you anybody please know if CR_WF object can be created via this api method? because CA 17x have some issues with add_workflow and delete_workflow for CR_WF factory.

Thank you very much in advance for any hint.

Best regards,
    Petr P.

• 2.  RE: How to insert_object cr_wf in spl code
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 06, 2019 01:44 PM
    This method should allow you to insert any object. As I understand you are using trigger to insert this task. I had some troubles with this method when I was using POST_VALIDATE and PRE_VALIDATE triggers. Please try to use POST_CI trigger, in this case you will need to pass persistent_id from trigger, since context object will be not available in script context.

• 3.  RE: How to insert_object cr_wf in spl code

Posted Oct 23, 2019 04:13 AM
    Hello,
    Thank you for your suggest. But after long debugging, it was caused by collision of multiple others spell tasks but with object crwf.
    I was creating object from CR object, but we have some validation assigne spells on insert event for cr_wf object and it was caused theese loong timeouts.
    So I have to do a propper filtration on .mod level, and call .spel api methods only when neccessary and it works well now.

Thank you again for you time.

Best regards

• 4.  RE: How to insert_object cr_wf in spl code

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2019 08:30 PM
    Thanks for the technical update on this issue, Petr.

SPL code can look "easy" at some levels but can be "hard" in practice because of interactions like this.

Thanks, Kyle_R.