Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Protecting SPS WebServices

Posted Dec 13, 2016 09:23 AM

Hello All,

I am trying to protect 

From CA Notes:

RequireAgentEnforcement Specifies whether the web services must be protected by a CA SiteMinder® agent. In a production environment, we highly recommended that you set this value to yes and protect the web services by a CA SiteMinder® Agent. If you set the value to yes and the web services are not protected, the requests to web services fail. Note: The value of RequireAgentEnforcement can be set to no in a test environment or if the web services are protected by any other mechanism other than CA SiteMinder®. 

Protect the Web Services We recommend that you protect the web services in a production environment. Protecting the web agent of the web services lets CA SiteMinder® authenticate and authorize the web services client before a user request is processed. When you protect the web services in your production environment, CA SiteMinder® SPS includes the SMSESSION cookie into the user request. If the RequestSmSessionCookie ACO parameter is enabled, CA SiteMinder® ensures that the web services verify the user request for the SMSESSION cookie before processing the user request. To protect the web services, we recommend that you configure CA SiteMinder® SPS to protect the web services root URL using the X.509 Client Certificate authentication scheme.

Protecting via X.509 Client Certificate authentication scheme. Is it the only way? 

or is there any other way  to protect it similar to normal resource protection like normal web agent SSO?

in my case, I have 2 application and my agentname looks like below

wsagent,dns of web services.

wsagent_app1,app1

wsagent_app2_app2

What I have done is, protected /authazws/ with the agent "wsagent"  as a FormBased Auth <not sure if it is allowded or not but just tried>. This didnt work as it recorded redirect response to the login form in the message I got it from SPS.

Could you help me?

RamVeer

• 2.  Re: Protecting SPS WebServices

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 13, 2016 04:11 PM

I am afraid X.509 Client Certificate authentication scheme might be the only option at the moment.

Reason is form authentication scheme primarily is used for handling "id/password".

Web services handles SOAP and REST request, which is different protocol from simple id/password.

The content type is different too.

And SOAP has the capability to present a certificate within its request.

If you really want to be sure, go file an idea ( protect Web services with form authentication scheme) in this community and let CA product management to confirm if it is possible.

Thanks,

Hongxu

• 3.  Re: Protecting SPS WebServices
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 13, 2016 04:52 PM

• 4.  Re: Protecting SPS WebServices

Posted Dec 14, 2016 03:03 AM

Thanks Ujwal... I tried the Basic Auth and it works.. 

- Basic Authentication : Tech Tip : CA Single Sign-On :CA Access Gateway : Protecting Auth/Az Web services 

• 5.  Re: Protecting SPS WebServices

Posted Dec 20, 2016 09:44 AM

Ujwal, are the above links are changed or removed ?