Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  Tech Tip: How to Install Current Capacity Reporter (CCR) on Windows Server 2012 R2

Posted Nov 24, 2015 02:48 PM

CCR is now supported on Windows Server 2012 R2.

No changes to the CCR code were necessary, but the configuration of IIS (and other required Windows components) has changed.  One of our illustrious Services engineers put together a document with screens shots that describes the process.  Thanks to Gream Park for the content.

This effectively replaces the section "Appendix B: How to install the required IIS modules" in the CCR Installation Guide for Windows Server 2012 R2.

Attachments:

Installing CCR on Win 2012.docx

Current_Capacity_Reporter_InstallationGuide.pdf

Thanks,

Dave Rich

• 2.  Re: Tech Tip: How to Install Current Capacity Reporter (CCR) on Windows Server 2012 R2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2016 09:04 AM

I also found that I needed to change the npc website to the Classic .NET AppPool (v2.0).  Not sure if I missed this in the documentation?

• 3.  Re: Tech Tip: How to Install Current Capacity Reporter (CCR) on Windows Server 2012 R2

Posted Jul 14, 2016 09:23 AM

We have seen several Win2012 installations go smoothly following the above advice.  We have also seen some that have taken a significant amount of debugging to get to working - some of the OOTB IIS8 settings and dependencies, .NET 4.5 / 4.6 vs. .NET 3.5 to name but one, can cause http: 404 errors and other things that can be a challenge to resolve.

Running Classic ASP web-apps on the latest IIS8 is known to be a challenge in some instances.  Thanks to the tenacity of one of our customers, a couple of useful web links have emerged that may be helpful in addition to the above Tech Tip:

https://jwcooney.com/2013/12/30/enabling-classic-asp-on-iis8-windows-server-2012/

Running Classic ASP Applications on IIS 7 and IIS 8 : The Official Microsoft IIS Site

Comparing C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config on a known working installation against that in one which is failing can also be illuminating in tracking down the specific IIS config setting(s) that are the root cause of the issue.