CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Edit Frame Not Displaying Properly

Posted Aug 08, 2017 04:05 PM
      |   view attached

We just recently upgraded our environment to v14.1.03 and now when we go into a Knowledge document and hit the "edit resolution" button, the edit frame is only using a portion of the screen (see image) making it difficult to modify the steps/document. Prior to the patch this was not happening, it used the full screen.

Does anyone know if a file was updated with the patch or how I can fix this issue? We have tried it in several browsers and for different people - same results for everyone.

thank you

Katherine

• 2.  Re: Edit Frame Not Displaying Properly
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2017 04:11 PM

Katherine,

Yes, this problem was introduced in cumulative 3. I do have good news in that it is resolved in cumulative 4 though.

• 3.  Re: Edit Frame Not Displaying Properly

Posted Aug 08, 2017 04:14 PM

Anything I can do temporarily to fix it until we are ready to take cumulative 4?

• 4.  Re: Edit Frame Not Displaying Properly

Posted Aug 08, 2017 04:23 PM

Hi Katherine,

Unfortunately no, we dont have any 1-off fixes anymore.  You would have to upgrade to CP4 to get it resolved at this point.

CP4 is not too bad - in fact, it even comes with the "upgrade utility" which can merge your custom forms into the new forms so you dont have to do it manually.  You would run that after you apply the patch.  You can read about it here: The Customization Upgrade Utility - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hope this helps.

Jon I.

• 5.  Re: Edit Frame Not Displaying Properly

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 09, 2017 02:36 PM

Katherine.......

For reference, here is information regarding the updated Defect Resolution Process for CA Service Management

Updated Approach to Defect Resolution Process