CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Change Order classic workflow and property values

• 1.  Change Order classic workflow and property values

Posted 12-30-2016 05:28 AM

Hi community

In Service Desk Manager, I need to build a classic workflow on a change order.
    I will have to ask about property field values to manage the workflow.
    There are two property fields planned with validation rules (so the values are pre-defined).
    Could somebody tell me if this is possible and what is the easiest way to make it work?

Thanks a lot in advance
    Happy new year 2017!

Christian

• 2.  Re: Change Order classic workflow and property values

Posted 12-30-2016 08:38 AM

Hi Christian,

I am not sure exactly what you are asking.  Are you saying that you want to be able to drive which workflow tasks are associated to the change order by way of the values that are entered in certain properties?  

Let us know

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Change Order classic workflow and property values

Posted 12-30-2016 08:59 AM

Hi Jon,
    Thanks for your answer. You're right.
    I mean that I want to be able to "read" the property value and drive the workflow on one side if the property value is "A", on another side if the value is "B".
    I don't know how I can read the value from each property (actually 2 property fields with pre-defined values - dropdown lists)
    Each suggestion would be helpful.
    Christian

• 4.  Re: Change Order classic workflow and property values

Posted 12-30-2016 09:09 AM

Ah ha ok thats what I thought but wanted to make sure.  Unfortunately that cannot be done currently as there is no link between properties and wf tasks in SDM.  The functionality for this just doesnt exist.  So this one would be an enhancement.   Now thats for classic workflow... but if you were using CA Process Automation to drive workflows you could have it check for property values and act based upon those.  Its similar to a giant IFTTT (If This Then That) engine on steroids!!  It can be a bit complex to use and would require its own server(s) and db, so not sure thats something you would want to get into.  You would also have to create the custom operator and process flow to do what you need it to.  We have some CA Services folks that are really well versed in CA Process Automation and have done a lot of custom work for that.  So if you wanted to check into this route, a CA Services engagement may be the best way to go. 

Outside of that, you can post the enhancement request here on the community as an "idea" - just specify your business/use case for it and then folks can vote for the idea, and product management will review it.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 5.  Re: Change Order classic workflow and property values

Posted 01-02-2017 06:37 AM

Hi Jon

Thanks for your answer. I understand that there is no link between properties and workflow.

Except this fact, is it possible to "read" the value from each property of a change order on a simple way? If yes, how?

Thanks

Christian

• 6.  Re: Change Order classic workflow and property values

Posted 01-03-2017 08:02 AM

Hi Christian, 

Unfortunately no, there is no trigger or functionality to read the value of each property.  You may be able to accomplish this using spelcode, but it would be extrememly complicated and is outside the scope of support.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 7.  Re: Change Order classic workflow and property values

Posted 01-03-2017 08:10 AM

You need to create condition or action macro depending on your need. To get property values you can use spel code similar to this:

object prp_list, prp;    
    uuid who;   
    send_wait(0,top_object(), "call_attr", "cnt", "current_user_id");   
    who=msg[0];   
    send_wait(0, top_object(), "call_attr", "api", "get_properties", chg.persistent_id);   
     if (msg_error()) {   
      logf(ERROR, "get_failed %s",msg[0]);   
     }   
     else   
     {   
     int count,i; 
     count = msg[1]; 
     prp_list = msg[0]; 
     for(i=0;i<count;i++) { 
       send_wait(0, prp_list, "dob_by_index", "DEFAULT", i, i); 
       prp = msg[0]; 
       logf(SIGNIFICANT,"Property %s value is %s",i,prp.value);