CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Incident Area vanishing with Dangling Reference Error in stdlog

Posted Nov 23, 2015 12:54 AM

We are facing a wierd issue of Incident Area vanishing (just after selection) while creating incident or Problem ticket.  The issue is appearing with a specific combination. Here are the steps to reproduce :

1. Login in ServiceDesk from any role having Incident Creation permission.

2. Navigate to ServiceDesk Tab--> File --> New Incident.

3. New Incident creation page will appear.

4. Parameter combination to reproduce the Incident Area vanishing issue ::

I. Provide value for Impacted Location or Configuration Item (ONLY/ No other value). Try to select an incident area(click on look up and select), it will always disappear after selection with dangling reference in stdlog. Consistent behavior.

Associated Error Logs :

09/22 09:25:48.48 <Server Name>    sqlagt:select5    8589214 MILESTONE    prov_base.c            597 Destructed base_agentDLNX 30286100 id = (1036, 180848)

09/22 09:25:48.48 <Server Name>    domsrvr:web:01    6241576 ERROR        factory.c             7262 Dangling reference to persid 7BA7F1DF732711DD891972B23C4BD802

09/22 09:25:48.71 <Server Name>    web:primary:2     9441254 ERROR        freeaccess.spl       19560 Failed to set category value: NOT FOUND.

II. If either of Impacted Location or Configuration Item and any other field (affected end user/Business Unit/Requester) OR both of Impacted Location and Configuration Item are filled up together the Incident vanishing issue will not appear.

III. If Incident Area is selected as first item, incident area vanishing issue will not appear.

IV. Regardless of any combination if we use type ahed on Incident Area instead of opening a area selection form, the issue will never appears.

We have a customized environment and intention is to get some clue where we actually need to look back for dangling reference issue. (r12.9)

Thanks & Regards

Arunava Saha

• 2.  Re: Incident Area vanishing with Dangling Reference Error in stdlog

Posted Nov 23, 2015 01:23 AM

I think it may be related to automatic assignment or default group for the category. Maybe some of them referencing to not existing user or group. You may try to edit and save the category this should correct any missing references for default group or assignee.

• 3.  Re: Incident Area vanishing with Dangling Reference Error in stdlog

Posted Nov 23, 2015 01:35 AM

Hello Gutis,

Thanks for the suggestion. However it is happening for any/all categories and none of the categories has an associated group defined. Hence we may discard this probability. The more weird things happen, when we select Configuration Item by type ahead feature and Incident Area by look up click, the Incident area vanishes in vice versa if we select Configuration item by look up click and Incident Area by look up click as well, it never vanishes or issue will not appear!!

I am confused because if we use type ahead on Incident Area instead of opening an area selection form, the issue will never appears with any possible combinations. What extra it does(functionally)if we click on the look up link of Incident Area??

Thanks

Arunava

• 4.  Re: Incident Area vanishing with Dangling Reference Error in stdlog

Posted Nov 23, 2015 03:37 AM

Have you tried to remove customized incident form and check if proplem still persist?

• 5.  Re: Incident Area vanishing with Dangling Reference Error in stdlog

Posted Nov 23, 2015 04:57 AM

Yes I did. I pointed to OOTB detail_in.htmpl page directly and still the same issue of Incident Area vanishing is appearing with the earlier specified combination.

I also tried to check the data integrity by running the following SQL : select count(*)from call_req where category NOT IN (select persid from Prob_ctg);

which gave me a count of ZERO (0) which proves the data integrity.

Where else I can look?

• 6.  Re: Incident Area vanishing with Dangling Reference Error in stdlog

Posted May 10, 2016 10:24 AM

Did you guys ever find a solution to this?  We have had the same thing start to happen to us yesterday and we don't know why.

Thanks.