CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Comments in Knowledge Management

Posted Jun 10, 2015 07:38 AM

Hello, there is possibility to leave comment when forwarding or publishing document. Does anybody knows where I can find such comments in interface?

• 2.  Re: Comments in Knowledge Management
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 10, 2015 12:20 PM

Hi Gutis.

It took me a bit to find them . I rejected a document approval task and entered "No No No". This comment gets displayed in the History List of the document. And all the other comments also. It seems, that the system append the comment to some system generated string.

2015-06-10 18_12_46-Test of forwarding - CA Service Desk Manager - Internet Explorer.png

Hope that helps, and kind regards

............Michael

• 3.  Re: Comments in Knowledge Management

Posted Jun 10, 2015 03:23 PM

Thank you, somehow I managed to miss it

• 4.  Re: Comments in Knowledge Management

Posted Jun 11, 2015 02:29 AM

Is there any standard way to include this comment in Notification to send it to assignee. Or we need to save it in some custom field to achieve that.

• 5.  Re: Comments in Knowledge Management

Posted Jun 11, 2015 09:06 AM

I don't know if this will work, and I don't have the chance to test it currently, but give it a try using @{WF_COMMENT} in your message template...

• 6.  Re: Comments in Knowledge Management

Posted Aug 05, 2015 09:09 AM

I actually ran into the exact same thing.   What I was told is that the comment displays on the email notification however it has to be set up to display the comment.   I personally do not set that up so I am assuming what Michael said is how it is added.

• 7.  Re: Comments in Knowledge Management

Posted Sep 18, 2015 10:08 AM

I am working on this same issue.   They were able to add the comment field to the notification but it does not display the data in field.   We were told we have to add the field to the database and it would not be supported.   If anyone actually makes this work please let me know so I can pass it on.