CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Edit Risk Survey After Submission

Posted Aug 03, 2016 10:47 AM

I have a requirement for the Change Manager to be able to edit the Risk Survey after submission (currently it only allows you view the survey) because mistakes on the questions are being made. If this isn't possible, they would like for it to not be locked down all together after submission. Is there a way to do this? I have read previous posts but they were on the categories but this would be used for all categories. Thank you.

• 2.  Re: Edit Risk Survey After Submission

Posted Aug 03, 2016 05:26 PM

If you use OOTB role change analyst and don't have separated form group for this role, you can make the following change in analyst detail_chg.htmpl:

change following lines:

<PDM_IF "$args.submittedSurvey.length" != "0">
    <PDM_MACRO name=button caption="View Risk Survey" func="show_risk_svy();" hotkey_name="View Risk Survey" id=btn002>
    <PDM_ELSE>
    <PDM_MACRO name=button caption="Risk Survey" func="show_risk_svy();" hotkey_name="Risk Survey" id=btn003>
    </PDM_IF>

to:

<PDM_IF "$args.submittedSurvey.length" != "0" && "$SESSION.ROLE_ID" != "10014">>
    <PDM_MACRO name=button caption="View Risk Survey" func="show_risk_svy();" hotkey_name="View Risk Survey" id=btn002>
    <PDM_ELSE>
    <PDM_MACRO name=button caption="Risk Survey" func="show_risk_svy();" hotkey_name="Risk Survey" id=btn003>
    </PDM_IF>

• 3.  Re: Edit Risk Survey After Submission

Posted Aug 04, 2016 02:29 PM

Thank you. However, when I implemented this (twice to be sure) I could only see the tabs and sub-tabs on the ticket after submitting the Risk Survey. After closing and logging out, I was unable to see anything above the tabs after re-opening.

Thanks,
    Jessie

• 4.  Re: Edit Risk Survey After Submission

Posted Aug 05, 2016 03:39 AM

I think this is because of my mistype try following instead:

<PDM_IF "$args.submittedSurvey.length" != "0" && "$SESSION.ROLE_ID" != "10014">
    <PDM_ELSE>
    </PDM_IF>

• 5.  Re: Edit Risk Survey After Submission

Posted Aug 05, 2016 09:59 AM

Thank you, I am having this reviewed now.

• 6.  Re: Edit Risk Survey After Submission

Posted Aug 09, 2016 01:33 PM

I have tried the modification and the button did have "Risk Survey" instead of "View Risk Survey" but the information was still locked and could not be modified. Thank you for looking into this.

• 7.  Re: Edit Risk Survey After Submission

Posted Aug 17, 2016 02:12 PM

I just wanted to follow up to see if there may be any other options to have this available for edit. Thank you for looking into this.

• 8.  Re: Edit Risk Survey After Submission

Posted Aug 18, 2016 03:39 AM

I have digged deeper in to this, and it seems that logic what kind of form do_risk or view_risk to display is hardcoded in webengine opereation. So this can not be changed. The only option i see is to clear currently submited survey, this can be implemented as some webengine op that will be run by the button on change order. If you ok with such kind of customizations you can find more info about web ops here: SPEL: Register custom webengine OP

• 9.  Re: Edit Risk Survey After Submission

Posted Sep 09, 2016 08:59 AM

I am not certain if I can add it here. But, before I look into customization, is there a way for end users to be able to edit the risk survey after submission and it is saved? that may be a workaround until we decide where to go from here.  Thank you very much!