CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Retrieve records introduced in these table fields

Posted Apr 06, 2016 07:03 PM

Hi guys

From a CATALOG form, we’re using field sets into as a records into a Table object. This is to induce users to introducing information in a structured way.

By a functionality point of view, the form lets to user to introduce records of information as often as you need.

But I have inconveniences to retrieve these records were introduced in these table fields.

Could you helpme to understand about how to can retrieving these records stored into an Table object by PAM (4.3) or CATALOG (14.1)?

Or some documentation to accomplish this?

Regards

Get table values

Extract table data Catalog 12.7

• 2.  Re: Retrieve records introduced in these table fields

Posted Apr 08, 2016 09:26 AM

Hi guys,

to clarify my point:

- I've a Table object with title "DETALLE DE ARTICULOS, into a Catalog form

- the users add & save rows according your own needs

- I'm looking a method or way to retriving the values saved in this Table object

- could be gets about Catalog web services

- may be web services a valid way? If yes, where i can lear about Catalog web ?

20160406_1945-antes de crear ticket catalog - para la community.png

Best regards

• 3.  Re: Retrieve records introduced in these table fields

Posted Apr 08, 2016 09:31 AM

Hi Eduardo,

You can leverage the getFormRateItemValue(s) web service methods (Administration > Tools > Links > Web Services API > Request Web Service) to return the form data or you can pass the form data to the PAM process via events-rules-actions using $form_data_sd$ or $form_data_sd_row$ Request Subscription Item Change event type parameters:

Event Parameters - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

Thanks,

Jason

• 4.  Re: Retrieve records introduced in these table fields

Posted Apr 12, 2016 04:35 PM

Thank you Jason_Wolfe

In My PAM process, trough web service operator, I doing login into Catalog and returns this value as Session Id: 8792b0c729e5f69c8e8fd09b0ceffdabe0e0d616. Honestly I don’t know if this value or format is correct.

After to do this, I use another web service operator to invoke “getFormRateItemValue” method. This autogenerated this code:

<impl:getFormRateItemValue xmlns:impl="urn:usmRequestService">

<impl:sessionID>sessionID__</impl:sessionID>

<impl:subscriptionDetailID>subscriptionDetailID__</impl:subscriptionDetailID>

<impl:formRateItemName>formRateItemName__</impl:formRateItemName>

</impl:getFormRateItemValue>

I supposed that fills these to this way:

• sessionID__: with the value gets in the login node (8792b0c729e5f69c8e8fd09b0ceffdabe0e0d616)
    • subscriptionDetailID__: completing with the Request Number generated when the service request was created, by SC GUI
    • formRateItemName__: the attribute ID name by this service form (to this case is named “motivo”)

The current issue is that the “getFormRateItemValue“ operator execution fails with this message:

--------------------------

soapenv:Server.generalException

Artifact Session is invalid

com.ca.usm.soap.axisInterfaces.WebServiceException

p-sdm-cat-01

--------------------------

Then, what’s about refers “Artifact Session is invalid”?

Best regards

• 5.  Re: Retrieve records introduced in these table fields
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 13, 2016 07:02 PM

It sounds like you may not be passing the session ID returned via login method to getFormRateItemValue method. While the 'Inline text' autogenerates the inputs, you need to ensure you are passing the variable (that you saved the session ID to from the login method) to the 'sessionID__' variable using dynamic parameters similar to the following:

Macro name-X-Path: SESSIONID__

Value: Process.SLCM_SessionID__

Type: String Value

In this case the inline text variable 'SESSIONID__' will be replaced by the value of the process variable 'SLCM_SessionID__' which has the actual session ID.

I would recommend taking a look at the OOTB processes as a reference.

Also:

subscriptionDetailID is the ID of the form item, not the request ID:

select id from usm_subscription_detail where request_id=<request id> and subscription_type=5 (subscription_type=5 is the form element)

formRateItemName is the _id of the form field you would like to return, not the _id of the form

I could also suggest testing the web services first in a tool like soapUI to verify the inputs/output before trying in PAM.

• 6.  Re: Retrieve records introduced in these table fields

Posted Apr 19, 2016 11:22 AM

Hi Jason_Wolfe,

i'm very happy, your recomendations were very useful to solve my question.

Thank you very much!

Regards