CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Customized Menu Bar Not Showing On Change Orders

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Customized Menu Bar Not Showing On Change Orders

    Posted 06-15-2015 05:21 PM


    Hello,

    I have a customized menu bar for a particular role. This menu bar is assigned to the Service Desk tab, and all Go resources. The customized menu bar, appears as expected when opening the main SDM page (Service Desk tab) and on Request, Incident and Problem tickets. However if I open a Change Order ticket, the default menu bar is displayed.

     

    Any ideas on why the default menu bar appears for Change Order tickets ?

     

    Thanks

    Stuart



  • 2.  Re: Customized Menu Bar Not Showing On Change Orders
    Best Answer

    Broadcom Employee
    Posted 06-16-2015 01:03 PM

    Stuart,

     

    Can you confirm what version of ServiceDesk you're using? The behavior you mention seems similar to USRD Problem 1014.

     

    For 14.1 the fix should be included out of the box

    For 12.9 the fix is included in Cumulative 1

    For 12.7 the fix is included in Cumulative 2

    For 12.6 the fix is included in Cumulative 3

     

    If you have the patch level then you'll want to validate if you have a customized detail_chg.htmpl form, and if so if the customized form is based on the one from the cumulative.



  • 3.  Re: Customized Menu Bar Not Showing On Change Orders

    Posted 06-16-2015 03:24 PM

    Thanks Alex, yes removing the detail_chg.html form fixed the issue, we are running SDM 12.9 Cumulative 1.



  • 4.  Re: Customized Menu Bar Not Showing On Change Orders

    Broadcom Employee
    Posted 06-16-2015 03:56 PM

    Stuart,

     

    Glad that helped. So any customization you have in the form will need to be manually merged into the newer version of the file to allow you to have both your customizations and the benefits of the fixes.



  • 5.  Re: Customized Menu Bar Not Showing On Change Orders

    Posted 05-26-2016 09:16 AM

    Just run in to the same issue. Found that this is because CA tries to keep forms backwards compatible, and the issue may appear after migration to R12

     

    // For R12, if it's using role, we use the menubar

    // defined in the main form for the tab page.

    <PDM_IF "${args.KEEP.use_role}" == "" || "$prop.menubar" != "">

        // For supporting pre-R12 HTMPL files, we still

        // include a hard-coded menubar file.

        <pdm_include file=menubar_${prop.menubar}.htmpl>

     

    So i changed

    <PDM_INCLUDE FILE=std_body.htmpl filename="Incident" key="$args.ref_num" menubar=sd > to

    <PDM_INCLUDE FILE=std_body.htmpl filename="Incident" key="$args.ref_num">

     

    and issue was solved