CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA Service Desk Manager 12.7 Request Area category properties values to be displayed on search result page (list_cr.htmpl) or Infoview reports.

Posted Jun 02, 2015 03:55 AM

Hi All,

I want to display the values of a particular property of a request area category on the list_cr.htmpl page.

The property is called "Permanent or temporary" (mapped to more than 10 Request categories) dropdown property field where in if the user selects Temporary, then there is text field below already displayed, where the user needs to enter the End date.

We need only those ticket details where the value is selected as Temporary from the dropdown of the property and followed by the  End Date.

I have tried looking at the cr_prp table, at first I though it's attribute 'owning_cr' gives the ticket number, however it gives the ticket's persid value.

Any suggestions?

• 2.  Re: CA Service Desk Manager 12.7 Request Area category properties values to be displayed on search result page (list_cr.htmpl) or Infoview reports.

Posted Jun 02, 2015 10:04 AM

Hi,

as I found there is no way to display Properties in List form,

But if your goal is to display only tickets with Temporary property,

you can make a stored query:

properties.value in ('temporary')

but if this not enough I suggest to create new attribute,

and when your properties meets your condition fill that attr with your decided values,

so you can easily display it on form.

• 3.  Re: CA Service Desk Manager 12.7 Request Area category properties values to be displayed on search result page (list_cr.htmpl) or Infoview reports.

Posted Jun 02, 2015 12:32 PM

You need to make following modifications to list_cr.htmpl:

change

<PDM_MACRO name=lsStart>

to

<PDM_MACRO name=lsStart search_type=GET_DOB>

add following lines before <PDM_MACRO name=lsEnd

<PDM_MACRO name=lsWrite text="<PDM_LIST SOURCE=list.properties PREFIX=prplist>">
    <PDM_MACRO name=lsWrite text="prplabel='@{prplist.label}';">
    <PDM_MACRO name=lsWrite text="prpvalue='@{prplist.value}';">
    <PDM_MACRO name=lsWrite text="</PDM_LIST>"> 
    <PDM_MACRO NAME=lsCol hdr="Prop #" attr="id" exportfmt=ShowLink style=ref_num_style fmtfunc=fmtAttachedprp>

add following lines before     function UpdateIncidents() {

var prpvalue = '';
    var prplabel = '';
    function fmtAttachedprp(zCOpers)
    {
    rs.data(prplabel +" is "+ prpvalue);
    prplabel = '';
    prpvalue = '';
    }

In JavaScript fmtAttachedprp you can use if statement to filter properties by label or value and pass data you need to rs.data()

• 4.  Re: CA Service Desk Manager 12.7 Request Area category properties values to be displayed on search result page (list_cr.htmpl) or Infoview reports.

Posted Jun 03, 2015 02:24 AM

Hi Gutis!

I've tried the same and result was a webengine crash, have you tested it?

PS: Running 12.7 CP2.

• 5.  Re: CA Service Desk Manager 12.7 Request Area category properties values to be displayed on search result page (list_cr.htmpl) or Infoview reports.

Posted Jun 03, 2015 02:34 AM

I don't have 12.7 testing environment anymore. It have tested it on 12.9

• 6.  Re: CA Service Desk Manager 12.7 Request Area category properties values to be displayed on search result page (list_cr.htmpl) or Infoview reports.

Posted Jun 23, 2015 11:40 AM

Hi Gutis,

If it's not too much trouble could you provide an example of how to get this to work on list_in?  I have tried for a bit and am not having any luck with your code in my test 14.1.01 env.