CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  tickets created by mail

Posted Dec 10, 2014 07:32 AM

Hi guys

I’m using MAILBOXES to create tickets from mail based, by SDM 12.5. This works minimally fine.

The issue is that sometimes mail creates tickets and in other time no. I've n't many evidences but I see that in the moment that mail arrived in your inbox STDLOG by SDM capture this event:

------

12/10 09:10:28.75 asusis-ueitm   pdm_mail_nxd         3164 ERROR        hunny_mail_intf.c     1925 ThrdLogger Sess:10:0:0 SMTP MAIL command failed Error (452) 4.5.3 Service unavailable, batch limit reached.

------

I’ve several quantities for this event type and the ticket has no created. I think that ‘mail_max_threads’ option can collaborate in this case, but I’m not sure. Currently this option is disabled.

Could you help me to solve?

Thank you in advance!

• 2.  Re: tickets created by mail

Posted Dec 10, 2014 08:53 AM

That error relates to pdm_mail_nxd and not pdm_maileater_nxd. So it is not related to the process responsible for ticket creation by email.

Anyway, make sure all mails sent to for processing my maileater are plain-text. Also check for any other errors related to pdm_maileater_nxd in the stdlog. These would help with identifying the problem...

• 3.  Re: tickets created by mail

Posted Dec 10, 2014 09:15 AM

Hi Brian,

I’ve many tickets that were successfully created by rich-text mails, so I discard this cause.

But, I'll bear it in mind about pdm_mail_nxd and pdm_maileater_nxd consideration.

Regards

• 4.  Re: tickets created by mail

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 10, 2014 05:58 PM

Hi Eduardo

The 452 error from the mail server seems to be related to insufficient storage:

452 – The command has been aborted because the server has insufficient system storage

See this link for details.

You might want to check with your mail admins as to whether the maileater's mailbox size limit is being exceeded.

Regards,

Gordon

• 5.  Re: tickets created by mail
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 11, 2014 07:20 AM

Guys, the cause was detected: the development server has mail pickup enabled configuration.

Thank you a lot!