Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  Combo Box Height In Grid

Posted Mar 15, 2018 04:43 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to change combo box height in a WinC editable grid?

Best regards,

Teemu

• 2.  Re: Combo Box Height In Grid

Posted Mar 15, 2018 05:16 AM

Hi Teemu,

regarding to the Plex Documentation you can do the following:

List Box Height Factor Property

List Box Height Factor Property

Applies to: Combo Boxes

This property specifies the height of a combo box's drop-down list box at run time. The property has a default value of '4' and gives the user the ability to increase size of the drop-down list box at run time. For example, a value of '4' shows about 4 rows and a value of '8' shows about 10 rows, depending on the size of the font selected for the combo box's edit control. The value of '4' was the original, hard-coded value before the List Box Height Factor property was introduced.

This setting does not affect the combo box's design time appearance. Some trial and error testing may be required to achieve the desired result since the run-time size is determined by a combination of the size of the font chosen at design time and this height factor.

The List Box Height Factor property is inherited through the Control Defaults.

• 3.  Re: Combo Box Height In Grid

Posted Mar 15, 2018 05:40 AM

The problem is that the List Box Height Factor Property is not applicable to a combo box when it is in a grid.

• 4.  Re: Combo Box Height In Grid
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 15, 2018 02:08 PM

I thought we might be able to fiddle with the MFC properties, but that does not work for me.  I believe that CA has a license to the (WinWidgets) grid combo box.  We could ask them to at least surface a property in source code.  At present I do not see anything in OBHCTRL.H to set the size for HCOMB (combo boxes) or GRHCOMB (grid combo boxes).

We could also ask for the List Box Height Factor Property to be made available (and effective) for grid combo boxes.

I checked the .RC file generated for the panel, and there is an entry with the comment "Increase combo box's list box height by this factor."  This entry is what changes on Non-Grid combo boxes when we change the height factor.  I tried editing the generated code and changing this for a grid combo box as well, but it was ignored.  I really think this will have to be a help case with CA.

• 5.  Re: Combo Box Height In Grid

Posted Mar 16, 2018 02:24 AM

Thanks Jeremy, maybe we have to contact CA in this case.