Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Plans for Classic Objects

Posted Sep 29, 2020 10:39 AM

Is there a plan showing which objects in classic Clarity are expected to be carried forward into the Modern UX?

For instance, Project Scope Statement, Requirement, Release, Release Plan...  I know that we can map them to the Modern UX by API enabling, but what are Broadcom's plans for these things?

• No longer supported – customers may consider these as custom objects, now and do with them as they please
    • Supported – Broadcom may introduce new features but no integration with other objects, no reports, etc.
    • Supported, integrated – Broadcom may introduce new features and plans to use content from the object in other views, reports, etc.

?

Basically, I'm looking to understand that if we enable these things for the Modern UX, are we on our own or can we expect further development and integration from Broadcom?

Kind Regards,

Dale Stockman

Program Manager

Livonia, Michigan

Mobile:  313-701-5619

• 2.  RE: Plans for Classic Objects

Posted Sep 30, 2020 01:00 AM
    Hi Dale,

I know that your question is (mainly) directed towards Broadcom folks, but I thought I'd offer the suggestion/observation that the reply falls under your option #1 above.

• We (BC Government) have API enabled ​the PMBOK template Project Sub-Objects and created a Blueprint that optionally shows these documents,
    • We have also gathered certain attributes of some of the other Objects you mention (for example, the 'User Story' Type of requirements) and added them to new Custom Investments, calling them 'Features', then created Views that display story_text_1 (Perspective, i.e. "As a..."), story_text_2 (Driver, i.e. "I want to...") and story_text_3 (Vision, i.e. "so I can..,"), and
    • With the PBK Add-Ins now de-supported, with our 15.8.1 SaaS/GCP migration, it seems that the PMBOK-related dashboards now need some maintenance to make them usable again. The five Pages that appear under the "Management Views" menu item (starting with "Project Charters") now display with an error. I believe that it  will be up to me to diagnose and repair.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
      Will

• 3.  RE: Plans for Classic Objects

Posted Sep 30, 2020 02:28 AM
    "Is there a plan showing which objects in classic Clarity are expected to be carried forward into the Modern UX?"

I just remembered a smiliar question in regards to programs, from the QnA document from the ModernUX demo end of August:
    "Question (Paul K): What is the best guess for the release in which the custom investment type "Programs" would be delivered? That is one that we feel is needed but do not want to waste time with something that will be replaced shortly.
    Answer (Brian Nathanson): Best guess? Early 2021. We certainly understand the need and want to deliver it as quickly as possible, but we've also collected quite the backlog of work due to Broadcom's mandate to migrate to GCP. We are making extensive revisions to the Innovation Process to allow you to have a lot more direct say in exactly which items make it to the top of the list in a given development cycle (if you wanted to advocate for this as one of the first items) – but it will also mean that attendance at the monthly meetings (3rd Tuesday of every month) is more important than before. Stay tuned."

You also might find the ModernUX-QnA documents helpful to find some "nearly promised for the next release"-Features in there. We find them highly informative.
    https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/blogs/natbr01/2020/08/31/clarity-modern-ux-qa

------------------------------
    IT Service Manager
    SCHOTT AG
    ------------------------------