As part of the Monthly Modern UX End-to-End Demo series, I have taken to responding to attendee questions in written format. I figured there may be value in making this content available to a wider audience, so here you go. The questions listed are not exhaustive; each document contains dozens of questions, but I've highlighted ones that seem to come up frequently or might be useful as reference. [You must be allowed to access the enterprise version of Box in order to download the Q&A PDFs. This may require a security exception from your organization.]
NOTE: These documents are not intended to be a replacement or substitute for our official documentation. These are written from the author's perspective only. If there is a conflict between what is written here and the official documentation, then the official documentation is considered the guiding authority.December 2021
December 2021 (APJ)
- Can we delete the status reports from the list?
- Which version was Labeling introduced in Attributes?
- Are To Do’s always linked to a task? A need we have is to create a **** to do list independent of tasks.
- Can one use FTE units instead of hours (in Staffing)?
- Can a project be part of more than one investment?
- Are agreements on the XOG/API? Can we programmatically create agreements?
- Is the Audit Trail available as a module to configure in blueprints?
- Where do the Effort Spend and Budget Spent KPIs come from for the cards?
September 2021 (APJ)
- Can you roadmap a hierarchy?
- What does that pie icon next to resource name represent [in the Staffing Plan module]?
- In the status report, is the ability to add images being considered for a future release??
- I remember seeing the functionality for managing investments which have multiple funding sources. Is that available yet? If not, when??
- Can picklists be shared?
- How do you activate the timesheet in New UX?
- I don't have the ability to edit the Custom Investment blueprints. What do I need to do?
- Is there a way to use access rights to control who has access to the Tasks workspace?
- How is a picklist saved? Is it available to all users when one user creates a picklist?
- Are Roadmaps used for planning the way forward or more to track progress or both?
- Does moving a project within the kanban lanes impact the data (e.g. project status)?
- Can we add phase name to the view?
- Are picklists are only available to the user who created them?
- How do you "turn on" the Rich text field option?
- Can I default a user when they login to go directly to grid view instead of tile view?
- As an administrator, where would you go to delete the views?
- Is there any limit to the number of sub-objects tabs display on projects details flyout?
- Can you prevent users from creating new projects from the grid?
- How many fields can be added to details pane? Can we show subpages as tabs in this pane?
- Is it possible to interface data - import or export - custom investments using XOG and/or API?
- Are you able to freeze a column or row?
- Is there a view to see ideas, projects and [other] investments together?
- If you share a view, does the picklist go with it?
- Do custom investments have the effort task added by default?
- On [the living] status report, can you change RAG status to add additional custom status colors?
- Are the links on the Links tab/module specific to the individual project or generic links across all projects?
- Can you show how that channel is configured?
- Please show how to modify the CSV file for roadmapping!
- For card metrics, can you show number of days the project has been active?
- Can we adjust ETCs in the Assignments module?
- Can you link types (e.g. link an idea to a project)?
- Can you please let us know limit on the views and whether we can hide views?