Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Federal Government: Definition of Programs and Projects.

Posted Aug 12, 2020 12:20 PM
    I have been requested, by my Federal Government client, to change the name of "Projects" in the system to "Programs." The government, as a whole, refer to what we would call a Project, a Program. I'm now aware of a method to change this text. The "Project" label is pervasive throughout the system. I'm not aware of any method to change the names en masse. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to achieve this or change the functionality?

• 2.  RE: Federal Government: Definition of Programs and Projects.

Posted Aug 13, 2020 02:41 PM

As you have said there is no easy supported way for a user to do it in the whole system.

Basically labels or captions can be translated, but starting from the object name there is no place in the UI for the user to change that.

The captions are in cmn_captions_nls and for the English labels the table contains some 200+ instances of project. Direct db update is not supported and strongly advised against. Further there could be other occurrences  as well.

My suggestion is to contact Broadcom support or services for the solution.

There is a OOTB object (actually a sub set of the projects) which is called program. You should also define a solution how to deal with them in order to keep them separated.