Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Project Subpage - Edit Rights

Posted Oct 01, 2020 01:17 PM
    I've created a new project object attribute and placed it on it's own subpage. I've made that subpage secure - in order to allow members of a specific user group to be able to edit that attribute that I placed on the subpage. Users in that group can view that subpage, but are not able to edit that field (which is a Boolean checkbox). What other permission do I need to give that group to be able to edit that field for any project?

------------------------------
    Senior Systems Admin
    TD Ameritrade

• 2.  RE: Project Subpage - Edit Rights

Posted Oct 01, 2020 01:41 PM
    If it is a secure page you should see instance rights for viewing and editing that page in the instance rights list..

• 3.  RE: Project Subpage - Edit Rights

Posted Oct 01, 2020 01:55 PM

Something like these

Project - Subpage Admin (ID: 5032002) - Edit
    Project - Subpage Admin (ID: 5032002) - View
    Project - Subpage Financial Planning Sheet (ID: projectCreate.subObjList.vf_fin_plan_sht) - Edit
    Project - Subpage Financial Planning Sheet (ID: projectCreate.subObjList.vf_fin_plan_sht) - View
    Project - Subpage Governance (ID: 5016004) - Edit All - Governance Submission
    Project - Subpage Governance (ID: 5016004) - View All - Governance Submission
    Project - Subpage PMO Settings (ID: finpropertiesUpdate.projectCreate) - Edit
    Project - Subpage PMO Settings (ID: finpropertiesUpdate.projectCreate) - View
    Project - Subpage Secured Attributes (ID: 5028051) - Edit All - Governance Submission
    Project - Subpage Secured Attributes (ID: 5028051) - View All - Governance Submission

• 4.  RE: Project Subpage - Edit Rights

Posted Oct 01, 2020 02:32 PM
    I saw those and assigned them to the group in question. However, members of the group can only see the subpage and the field to change, but the checkbox is greyed out and the user cannot check or uncheck the Boolean box.

The users in this group will otherwise only have view only privileges on most project screens. Do I need to grant project edit privileges to that group?

Senior Systems Admin
    TD Ameritrade

• 5.  RE: Project Subpage - Edit Rights

Posted Oct 01, 2020 03:12 PM

I think so. 

I do not have that system any more.

Just test it.

• 6.  RE: Project Subpage - Edit Rights

Posted Oct 02, 2020 03:31 AM
    Yes, a user would need edit rights on the instance AND the subpage.

But as Martti says, easiest way to check this is to give someone that right and see! ;)

This would of course give the user edit rights on all the unsecured fields on the instance ; which is probably not what you want!

• 7.  RE: Project Subpage - Edit Rights

Posted Oct 02, 2020 05:34 AM
    If you consider the page rights literally they are for the page only not the content.