Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Clarity XOG - Update Skills

Posted Apr 01, 2020 04:28 PM
    Does anyone have any XOG examples  where I can update an existing skill.  For example, I'd like to update the Skill Code to a new Skill Code. 

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Clarity XOG - Update Skills

Posted Apr 02, 2020 02:20 AM

Please clarity
    Do you want to replace the code of an existing skill with a new code and maintain the position in skill hierarchy and maintain the associations to resources

Do you want to the skill of a resource so that you remove the old skill and add a new one

If it is the first one I do not think you can do that. You would have to create a new skill and make the new resource associations.
    If it is the second one have look at the sample file rsm_resouces_write.xml
    The last section for a resource is
    <SkillAssocs complete="true">
    <SkillAssoc interestLevel="1 - Low" proficiencyLevel="4 - Advanced" skillCode="Code4"></SkillAssoc>
    <SkillAssoc interestLevel="5 - Medium" proficiencyLevel="5 - Advanced" skillCode="Code5"></SkillAssoc>
    <SkillAssoc skillCode="Code6"></SkillAssoc>
    <SkillAssoc interestLevel="2 - Low" proficiencyLevel="2 - Beginner" skillCode="Code1"></SkillAssoc>
    <SkillAssoc interestLevel="1 - Low" proficiencyLevel="2 - Beginner" skillCode="Code2"></SkillAssoc>
    <SkillAssoc interestLevel="2 - Low" proficiencyLevel="3 - Beginner" skillCode="Code3"></SkillAssoc>
    </SkillAssocs>

You would have to read all the resources that have the skill you want to replace and modify the section accordingly while having complete="true" in it.

• 3.  RE: Clarity XOG - Update Skills

Posted Apr 02, 2020 09:03 AM
    It's the first one. I want to replace the code of an existing skill with a new one and also create a new parent.  

I was able to manually update the new skill code for the exiting skill and then add the new parent skill.  It seems that way is the least damaging since the resource maintain the skills.  Maybe I need to take this route?

I guess this isn't available for XOGing?

• 4.  RE: Clarity XOG - Update Skills
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 02, 2020 09:23 AM
    The way I see it, it is the skill code by which skills are identified in XOG. A new skill code means a new skill.
    Manually in the GUI is then the way to change the code if the system allows that.