DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  RSP Probe

Posted Mar 22, 2018 03:52 PM

Hi All,

I have been using VMware probe to monitor our hosts and VMs. I would need to create At a Glance reports for discovered VMs since At a Glance report supports only CDM and RSP probes so i have discovered one VM through RSP probe but i did not able to generate At a Glance report. Its giving me only CPU utilization performance data. How can i generate performance report for VMs (CPU, Disk and Memory) through RSP probe if VM already discovered in UIM as VM via VMware probe?

Regards,

Waqar

• 2.  Re: RSP Probe

Posted Mar 22, 2018 08:39 PM

Hi Waqar,

You should be able to run a AAG report even when monitoring using the vmware probe, just select "System Type" as server and " Probe Source" as CDM/RSP and run the report you should be able to see the metrics reported except for Disk as vmware probe does not provide disk utilization metric.

Make sure you have CPU Usage and Memory Usage metrics enabled in vmware template . At least I see for the ESX in our environment as we don't monitor VM's using vmware probe.

If you decided to use RSP probe to get all three metrics, make sure you enabled all three below metrics in RSP to see data updated for VM's

CDM/RSP

Metric

Monitor

CPU

Individual_CPU_Usage

DiskDisk_Usage_(%)

Memory

Memory_Usage_(%)

Considerations for At a Glance Reports - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: RSP Probe

Posted Mar 23, 2018 12:50 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Phani,

How are you?

Only VMs performance reports (CPU, Disk and Memory) required from app team. They don’t want EXS performance reports.

Yes, I have enabled all three metrics in profile and able to generate report for some other VM (Windows) but not for app servers (Suse linux)

Regards,

Waqar

Attachment(s)

• 4.  Re: RSP Probe

Posted Mar 23, 2018 04:01 AM

Doing good Waqar 

For Suse linux please make sure all the below pre requisites are met 

ports

TCP Ports Needed by the rsp Probe - CA Knowledge 

The probe supports only password-based and key based authentication. Keyboard-Interactive and authentication less method are not supported. If the unix-based remote server is not password-based or key-based authentication that is enabled, the rsp probe is unable to discover the remote host.

Please verify the below also

I am trying to discover a suse linux server 3.0 wi - CA Knowledge 

• 5.  Re: RSP Probe

Posted Mar 23, 2018 04:06 AM

Also, unix system requires below utilities to be installed in order for data collection to work appropriately

rsp (Remote System Probe) Release Notes - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation