DX Infrastructure Manager

Expand all | Collapse all

How to deny an user to open "yellow folder" in list viewer

• 1.  How to deny an user to open "yellow folder" in list viewer

Posted 08-19-2016 02:10 PM

Hi,

Please see the picture attached.

Is there a way to deny (not permit) a user to click (open) on yellow folder in list viewer portlet?

Is there a way to hide this option?

I'm working at a MSP and I'm providing some private pages to our customers, but with this option, the customers could open and see all list viewer saved.

Regards,

Nelson

chamado.png

• 2.  Re: How to deny an user to open "yellow folder" in list viewer

Posted 08-19-2016 04:56 PM

Hi,

I do not know of a way to hide this option.

Listviews and PRD can be save as private account or public.

I would think that for the account you would create listviews and PRD just for that account and save them for that account.

Then when an account user logged in they would only see the listviews or PRD assigned to their account.

Hope this helps.

• 3.  Re: How to deny an user to open "yellow folder" in list viewer

Posted 08-19-2016 05:54 PM

Hi Howard! Thank you for your help.

In this case, the problem is: I have a lot of public list viewer and I would like to "hide" just for this customer.

I will have a lot of work to change all my public list viewers.

Regards,

• 4.  Re: How to deny an user to open "yellow folder" in list viewer

Posted 08-22-2016 11:42 PM

Hi

On a side note you can also  block users from saving Performance Reports and List Reports as public reports. You may want to do this if, for example, you are an MSP and you do not want your customers to be able to see reports from other UMP customers.

If saving public reports is disabled, users can save reports as either private or account reports. Users can still open public reports for viewing; they are only blocked from saving new reports as public reports.

https://docops.ca.com/display/UIM84/The+Performance+Reports+Designer#ThePerformanceReportsDesigner-DisablePublicReports

• 5.  Re: How to deny an user to open "yellow folder" in list viewer

Posted 08-23-2016 04:24 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Nelson-Filho

I agree there's no way you can hide this option from the user.

I can suggest you create a site for this user where you can configure what they can/cannot see.

Here is an article that may be helpful:

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1071722.aspx

I also attached a document explaining how to deploy portals with sites.

I hope it's helpful.

Regards.

iulian