IT Process Automation

View Only
  • 1.  reruns nodes/operators that they were previously processed

Posted Feb 22, 2016 01:14 PM

Hi guys

we are experiencing a specific situation when reruns nodes/operators that they were previously processed, the process goes to BLOCKED state. We are using PAM 4.3

This’s the scenario:

• The user complete and submit a form
    • The process validates the inputs to determinate the next nodes/operators to doing.
    • When a specifyc condition happends the process perfoms a “update status” operation and returns the same form to the user.
    • We see that the process perfoms the nodes/operators subsequents but when tries to rerun a nodes/operator that was previously perfomeds the process goes to BLOQUED state.

So, how I can configure the process to allow reuse or rerun nodes/operators previously performed?

Best regards

• 2.  Re: reruns nodes/operators that they were previously processed
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 22, 2016 01:41 PM

Are you using the reset operator to reset the operator(s) that you want to re-run?

• 3.  Re: reruns nodes/operators that they were previously processed

Posted Feb 22, 2016 02:04 PM

Hi Lindsay, no, i'm not using Reset Operator,, I need to use for this?

To this case: i need place Reset Operator before the nodes/operators to rerun?

• 4.  Re: reruns nodes/operators that they were previously processed

Posted Feb 23, 2016 09:40 AM

The most common way to do this is to put the operators that you want to re-execute within a loop. The loop decides if you need to go back and re-execute those operators and it handle resetting all of the operators within it. If you only need to re-execute a single operator you can set that operator to execute multiple times using the Loop setting in its Execution Settings.

• 5.  Re: reruns nodes/operators that they were previously processed

Posted Feb 23, 2016 02:44 PM

If you branch back to an operator that has already been run without resetting the operator then it will not be executed.

Andy is correct saying that the best way to handle this is with a loop since the resetting will be automatic.