Layer7 API Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Layer7 API Gateway 10.0: Identity Provider Support for CA SSO 12.8?

• 1.  Layer7 API Gateway 10.0: Identity Provider Support for CA SSO 12.8?

Posted May 27, 2020 03:08 PM
    Edited by Richard J Faust May 27, 2020 04:55 PM
    Greetings, API Management Community.  I'm new to the product and looking to add it to my skill set.  To that end, I've completed the "CA API Gateway 9.x - Foundations 200" course.  The associated lab has 4 VMs with a lot of install and some configuration work already.  I'd like to build experience by performing all installation and configuration work for an API Gateway 10.0 implementation in a lab environment.

I'd like to use CA SSO as my identity provider.  In reviewing the Requirements and Compatibility for Identity Providers, I see that CA SSO 12.7 is supported.  My lab already has a full implementation of CA SSO 12.8, so it would save quite a bit of time for me if I could confirm whether I must use 12.7 or if I may interpret the guidance as 12.7 or higher.

------------------------------
    Sr. Services Consultant
    HCL Technologies
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Layer7 API Gateway 10.0: Identity Provider Support for CA SSO 12.8?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 27, 2020 04:48 PM
    The CA SSO 12.8 should be backward compatible with 12.7. So, whatever worked in Gateway 10 and CA SSO 12.7 should also work with Gateway 10 and CA SSO 12.8.

If there is an issue with CA SSO 12.8, then it needs to be tested with Gateway 10 and CA SSO 12.7 to be considered for product team review.