AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

View Only
  • 1.  Error Code 1314 - A required privilege is not held by the client

Posted Apr 06, 2020 02:26 PM
    Hi Community, 

i'm just starting with Automic Automation and i run into some trouble, i failed to solve on my own. I also saw some postings around here, regarding the same or simmilar issue, but the solutions there did not help. So here's my Problem: 

I did install the Automic Agent as described in the CA Training Video here. I also created a demo job as described in the video. When i now run the Job, i got an error message, telling me Error Code 1314 - A required privilege is not held by the client. I checked the required software as well as local security policy settings. Everythings looks as it should, but it does not work. The only difference from the video is, that my client is member of an AD Domain, instead of a Standalone Windows client as in the video. 

What i did so far:
    I check the client, prerequisites and configuration settings. All seems OK. What i also tried was to setup a second client, same OS, same software but this time NOT domain joined. To my surprise, the very same job works just fine on the non-domain joined client.

So my question here is: 
    Is there any trick to mention when working with Automic and Windows AD-Joined clients? OK, i understand that Automic Automation is a cross-plattform solution and it seems to come out of the unix/linux world. But i don't believe that this solution is not able to handle Windows AD-joined clients. I more think, i'm doing wrong something. But question is, were is the problem? 

My Environment:
    Automic 12.2.3 HF2, installed with Automic ONE
    Windows 10 B1909 x64 Client OS

• 2.  RE: Error Code 1314 - A required privilege is not held by the client

Posted Apr 07, 2020 03:10 AM
    Hi Marcus,
    I'm no Windows expert and do not use Automic Automation, but I found this article by Googling the error you posted:  https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/87471/windows-job-ends-with-error-code-1314-a.html

Hope it helps.   Good luck!  Stay safe.

-Carmen

• 3.  RE: Error Code 1314 - A required privilege is not held by the client

Posted Apr 07, 2020 05:44 AM
    Hi Carmen, 

thanks for the tipp, but i already tried that solution and it did not solve my problem

• 4.  RE: Error Code 1314 - A required privilege is not held by the client

Posted Apr 08, 2020 03:22 AM
    Edited by Tim Quakulinsky Apr 08, 2020 03:22 AM
    Hi Markus,

this is the wrong community for posts regarding Automic Automation. This one is the correct one: Automic Workload Automation
    @Diane Craddock: Could you please move this post to the right community?

In the meantime:
    • You can run jobs on Windows systems which are parts of a Windows AD. Please check carefully the KB article Camen mentioned. This error is frequently requested. Everytime it was a configuration error. Feel free to use the search in the community...
    • You could also check this post
    • Please do not use the term "client" as you did. In Automic Automation the client is a logical part of the central Automation Engine.

Good luck

Tim

------------------------------
    Automation Evangelist
    Fiducia & GAD IT AG
    ---
    Mitglied des deutschsprachigen Automic-Anwendervereins FOKUS e.V.
    Member of the German speaking Automic user association FOKUS e.V.

• 5.  RE: Error Code 1314 - A required privilege is not held by the client
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 13, 2020 10:55 AM
    Hi Community, 

finally i got this problem solved. It turned out, it was not an automic problem. Problem was the way i added the user account to the local restriction policies. At first, i just added the username without Host or Domain (e.g. "user1"). But i have found out, it needs to be in Host/Domain Name\Username format (e.g. "Hostname\user1" or "Domain\user1"). 
    After i changed the username in the security policy, the error was gone. OK, now i got a different error, but for this i maybe open up another post then.

Thanks for the Help so far.

• 6.  RE: Error Code 1314 - A required privilege is not held by the client

Posted Apr 14, 2020 12:32 AM
    Hi Markus,

Thank you for sharing the cause of the error here and thus helping other users.
    Good luck solving the next error. Maybe you can already find the solution in the forum. I keep my fingers crossed

Tim

Automation Evangelist
    Fiducia & GAD IT AG
    ---
    Mitglied des deutschsprachigen Automic-Anwendervereins FOKUS e.V.
    Member of the German speaking Automic user association FOKUS e.V.