Clarity

View Only

How to XOG-in a project along with the reference to a blueprint?

Mangesh Gohad's profile image
Mangesh Gohad posted Feb 12, 2021 01:14 AM
Hello All,

I want to XOG-in a project along with the blueprint reference, so that one does not have to explicitly assign the blueprint upon project creation. Could someone help me with the attribute to use in the XOG xml for this?

Thank you.
Martti Kinnunen's profile image
Martti Kinnunen

I do not think you can do it with XOG alone.

The sample XML files for project do not have Blueprint tag nor do the XSD files.

What you could do is create a a custom attribute where you store the Blueprint and once XOGed in manually or with a process write the value to the real Blueprint field.

Below is an xml file which has a custom numeric field and a custom string field for the blueprint. That was obtained by reading a project out from a system where the custom fields were added and values written to the fields

Those fields and the real blueprint can be added to the edit project properties view in Classic

Note that the Blueprint Active ID is the code (string) and read only and gets the value based on the lookup used to get the value to Blueprint. Thus my numeric aBlueprintID is wrong data type and it is not even not needed. Once you have XOGed in your project with a valid value in the custom field (aBlueprint in my case) you can set the value of the OOTB Bluerint field the same as in the custom field.

You can set the value also in the New UX if you add the fields to the project grid.

If you do not want to do it manually you should be able to  create a process to do that..

Martti Kinnunen

If you are using a custom field to store the Blueprint for XOGing out you would have to fill that either manually or try if a process can do it.

A calculated field would be easy to use, but neither of the OOTB Blueprint fields seems to be available for the source of a calculated field.

Awadhesh Dammani's profile image
Awadhesh Dammani
So basically as Blueprint is not part of XML we somehow need to add it via Custom Attribute. Nice One :)
Mangesh Gohad's profile image
Mangesh Gohad
Hello @Deactivated User,

Thanks for that trick. It would be a good help while moving projects between the environments.

However, we do have a custom logic in place to decide which blueprint would apply to a project, based on certain other project attributes. I wanted to know if someone has been able to workaround the limitation that the Blueprints are not supported by XOG or REST APIs. I did not want to go to the process action, as it makes the design quite cumbersome. Looks like we don't have other options as of now though. :(

Best Regards,
Mangesh
Suman Pramanik's profile image
Broadcom Employee Suman Pramanik
As we are continuously evolving the modern ux, few API's are still private API and not yet exposed. If you want to play around with private API you can certainly and it works 

Below is the API URL for blueprints 

http://clarity/ppm/rest/v1/private/blueprints
Martti Kinnunen

See also

https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=7ba7a921-be76-4ab2-acb4-deaf88350cff&CommunityKey=7f0cbca3-5f93-4d44-a369-1a8ce98f5578&tab=digestviewer#bm7ba7a921-be76-4ab2-acb4-deaf88350cff
Not quite sure if that explains how to move the project - blueprint association of just the blueprints.

If you want to use XOG you could get the xml file almost done using the XOG Query API. You could build your query to retrieve the real Blueprint data directly to the custom tags.

See the attachment.

Looking at the system options for a process with project as the primary object setting the Blueprint attribute value is selecting one of the the existing values. That would mean that in  supported manner the process would have to have a split and a condition for each available option.

Naman Patel's profile image
Naman Patel
I have tried xogging project with odf_blueprint_id,  it does take the value. I need to verify if it changes the blueprint on modern UX.
<ColumnValue name="ODF_BLUEPRINT_ID">5003002</ColumnValue>

Mario Luque's profile image
Mario Luque
Hola!

I was thinking in the same solution than Naman Patel , using the OOTB attribute "ODF_BLUEPRINT_ID. To get the blueprints active you can use the table ODF_BLUEPRINTS.

Best regards,