Plex 2E Community Blog

View Only
Hi All, We are happy to announce the availability of Plex r.7.2.1 Cumulative PTF build 006. It has been successfully published and available for download from the Broadcom support portal ( https://support.broadcom.com ) with the solution number 99111619 . Thank you. Regards, Vijay Dasari Product Owner
0 comments
Hello All, CA Plex has been certified against the latest IBMi platform - IBMi 7.5. Please find the latest updated compatibility matrix at below mentioned location. https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/dam/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/dita/ca-enterprise-software/intelligent-automation/ca-plex/plex721/topics/CAPlex-Compatibility-Matrix.pdf Note : Plex compatibility matrix is being updated in the aforementioned documentation space now, refer to this space for all latest Compatibility matrix updates. Regards, Vijay Dasari Product Owner
0 comments
Hello All, Plex has been certified against Windows 11. Please find the latest updated compatibility matrix at below mentioned location. https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/dam/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/dita/ca-enterprise-software/intelligent-automation/ca-plex/plex721/topics/CAPlex-Compatibility-Matrix.pdf Note : Plex compatibility matrix is being updated in the aforementioned documentation space from now, refer to this space for all latest Compatibility matrix updates. Product Owner Vijay Dasari
0 comments
We are pleased to announce the availability of 2E v8.7.3. This Cumulative Patch Release includes all maintenance published prior to this update. By installing this Cumulative Patch, you ensure that your systems are current on maintenance for v8.7.3. Some of the marque features that are going are included in this release are: Faster Array Lookup with %LOOKUPxx - RPGIV TRIM* String handling built in functions - RPGIV Copy option for 2E Access Paths Allow increased date range by providing automated option to change format of date type fields in user screens Generate list of fields on a SELECT statement instead of "*" in generated code ...
0 comments
On behalf of CA Technologies, a Broadcom Company, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce that CA 2E v8.7.2 cumulative patch is now available. It has been successfully published and available for download from our support site ( https://support.broadcom.com/ ) with Fix number # 99111082 . As part of the continuous delivery model, this build contains usability enhancements and bug fixes to the Product. Some of the usability enhancements ...
0 comments
On behalf of CA Technologies, a Broadcom Company, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce that CA Plex v7.2.1 cumulative patch (Build 24.005) is now available. It has been successfully published and available for download from the our support site ( https://support.broadcom.com/ ) with Fix number # 99111007 . As part of the continuous delivery model, this build contains enhancements, certifications, deprecations and bug fixes to the ...
0 comments
Dear Plex and 2E Customers, CM First, Broadcom, and other sponsors are providing intensive training sessions for CA 2E, CA Plex, Web/Mobile UX, and more! This training is included in the conference fee at the 10 th Annual CA 2E / CA Plex Worldwide Developer Conference April. 29th - May 2nd, 2019 in Miami. This is the only event 100% focused on enterprise software built with 2E and Plex. Check out the agenda here . What to expect at the conference? Yes, you read it right, at the conference you get the opportunity to engage in person with the lead architect on Plex - Arun Painuly ( paiar01 ) as well as meet the new Product ...
0 comments
Dear CA Plex and CA 2E Community, Application Development tools change at a fast pace and it is time once again to review where you are on upgrading and make sure you are keeping current. Maintaining old releases creates additional work for all of us and takes time away from being able to focus on new development. In accordance with the communications and discussions at the Worldwide Developer Conference we are moving CA Plex and CA 2E releases to End of Service (EOS). Link: 9th CA 2E/CA Plex Worldwide Developer Conference End of Service (EOS) for CA Plex Release 7.1 and 7.2 (English Versions) and CA 2E 8.6 is now scheduled for January 31, ...
1 comment
Dear CA Plex and CA 2E Customers, CM First, CA Technologies, and other sponsors are providing intensive training sessions for CA 2E, CA Plex, Web/Mobile UX, and more! This training is included in the conference fee at the 9th Annual CA 2E / CA Plex Worldwide Developer Conference Sept. 25-28, 2017 in Miami. This is the only event 100% focused on enterprise software built with CA 2E and CA Plex. Check out the agenda here. More Reasons to attend: For dev teams, if you pay for 3, the 4th goes free. TRAVEL CREDIT: If your organization engages CM First for a new, $5,000 or greater Project or Training, etc. at anytime in 2017, we ...
0 comments
Dear CA 2E and CA Plex Community, It has been one full year since I joined this community and took over Product Management leadership for CA Plex and CA 2E. What a year it has been and wow how the time does fly by. It has been a great year and things are looking great for continuing improvement in what we all can do with these products. One of the Highlights of the year was the 8th Annual Worldwide Developer Conference in Austin. Not only did I get to meet many of you I got to learn a lot about how you use the products, and most importantly the product you use with these tools for a complete development solution. The more we understand each others ...
0 comments
Dear Community, At the Annual User Conference we spoke a lot about the opportunities to convert CA 2E Models to CA Plex to leverage platforms other than the IBM i. The CA Plex team put together a short video to introduce CA Plex to CA 2E Engineers. YouTube Link - https://youtu.be/s0CNZQlFnwc Please check out the video and let me know what you think. Cheers, Steve... CA Plex and CA 2E Product Manager
4 comments
Once a month we'll shine our virtual spotlight on one of the CA Plex community members. It's just a fun, easy way for us to get to know one another a little bit beyond our work-related interactions here on the site. This month, we're featuring Ashfaq Ahmed. ashfaq.m.ahmed . Location: Karnataka , India Current Gig: CA Plex , support, enhancements and maintenance projects One word that describes how you work: Dedicated How do you use CA Communities and any suggestions for others? To arrive at best possible solutions for problems/issue within the constraints of plex. My suggestion for others, be open to solving issues outside of CA:Plex ...
0 comments
Here is just a sample of what you may have missed in the CA Plex CA 2E Community. Update on Plex/2E from Aline Gerew Dear CA Plex and CA 2E Customers: I hope this finds you well. I would like to update you on recent developments here at CA Technologies. First, as you probably know, our CA Plex and CA 2E Product Manager had left CA Technologies. We are actively pursuing candidates for this critical product management position and will inform you as soon as it is filled. Welcome Steve Solomon as the Product Manager for the Development Languages I want to welcome Steve Solomon to the AppDev product management team. ...
1 comment
Announcements: Update on Plex/2E from Aline Gerew Ashok Reddy: Managing the mainframe for the fourth industrial revolution Questions: Splitting Multi-page PDF Files Using GD Picture Utility Dynamic filters in grid Search model for a message or field by its value VS 2005 Extended support end date - 4/12/2016 Dynamic TabDialog-Child Name, Change TabChild caption at Runtime Meta For Each Row - skip selected rows C# runtime problem SELECT FOR UPDATE, so that allows the use of the code generated by PLEX, with other database engines. Ideas: Export and Import DB file to/from XML Selection of retry to a server ...
0 comments
Dear CA Plex and CA 2E Customers: I hope this finds you well. I would like to update you on recent developments here at CA Technologies. First, as you probably know, our CA Plex and CA 2E Product Manager had left CA Technologies. We are actively pursuing candidates for this critical product management position and will inform you as soon as it is filled. Second, I am aware that there is some confusion with respect to the product direction so I would like to lend some clarity. Our approach was outlined last year at the CA Plex and CA 2E User Conference and there has been no change to that approach. While the development, release, timing ...
3 comments
Announcements: Register for User Notifications from CA Support, Education and Services Teams Questions: Anyone done any research on .Net Native? RPG Compile command in PLEX Are programs in your CA 2E 8.7 Y2SY being Object Audited? CA Plex only allows one user to logon Web Service with multi-levels Windows Explorer in CA PLEX NET Client WSDL Tag <Documentation> not created automaticaly PLEX Packager - Include new objects Ideas: Action Diagram parser issue - occasionally Find all references for subprocedures Remove generated source Go Mobile: Don't have time to log ...
0 comments
Announcements: General Availability Announcement for CA Plex r7.2 Complete CA Plex & 2E Office Hours Transcript [Dec. 16th] Questions: New Local Models extracts not showing Triples and Action diagram Create File in XML WEBOPT (Y2WEB) uninstall from CA/2e system. How to change label of a field at runtime ? How to generate MD5 checksum on the iSeries OwnedCascade / Owners AS400 Format SYS UNICODE change CCSID Blob support for JAVA PLEX is supported in Windows 10 Ideas: Improve 2e Web Service creation to allow REST Services and improve parameter names. Allow Cobol 2e Programs to regenerated ...
0 comments
Announcements: CA World '15: Day 1 in Six Videos Missing CA World '15? Watch the Keynotes Live Online Community Member Spotlight - Richard Wilson [Nov. 2015] CA_Plex_SupportForModernizingIBM_DB2_for_i.pdf Previous Events: Webcast Recap: CA Plex Support for Modernizing Your IBM DB2 for i Upcoming Events: CA Plex & CA 2E Office Hours: A Live Online Chat [Dec. 16th] Questions: SMTP Mail without using OBMAPI Environments in Run Time CA Plex's use of .ini files CA Plex plan to upgrade Version 5 to Version 7.2 Integer output from Plex RPG program CA Full application lifecycle apps that integrate ...
0 comments
Once a month we'll shine our virtual spotlight on one of the CA Plex 2E community's members. It's just a fun, easy way for us to get to know one another a little bit beyond our work-related interactions here on the site. This month, we're featuring Richard Wilson( Yorkshireman ) Location: Northumbria – ancient kingdom of free thinking Reivers, Vikings, and birthplace of lightbulbs, the turbine, and battleships, to name a few. Current Gig: Financial Services One word that describes how you work: Holistically How do you use CA Communities and any suggestions for others? Fill in my blanks by asking questions of the galactic hive ...
0 comments
Thank you for attending last week's session by GeorgeJeffcock titled "CA Plex Support for Modernizing Your IBM DB2 for i " We thank you for your time and hope that you found it valuable. Whether your missed the session, or attended and simply want to run through it again, this blog post will consolidate everything in one place for you: Community Event Invitation: CA Plex Support for Modernizing Your IBM DB2 for i) Video Replay: Webcast Replay: CA Plex Support for Modernizing Your IBM DB2 for i [Nov. 12th] Presentation: (see attached) Thank you again for attending our community webcast. Keep an eye out here for our next ...
1 comment