DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Process Monitoring (processes) probe v4.84 released!

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2024 05:47 AM

Hi All,

We are proud to announce the General Availability of the Process Monitoring (processes) probe v4.84.

• Added support for creating discovery profiles. These profiles automatically generate monitoring profiles based on the provided information.
    • Added support for configuring alarms for the maximum number of process instances on the server.
    • Added support for stabilization delay, allowing users to delay the execution of monitoring profiles based on the server's uptime.
    • Added support for different clear alarms for each alarm, providing users with more flexibility in managing alarms.
    • Also, multiple stability and security fixes included.

You can find more details in the Release Notes and the probe is available on the GA Archive at support.nimsoft.com.

------------------------------
    Principal Product Manager
    Broadcom Software
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Process Monitoring (processes) probe v4.84 released!

Posted Mar 07, 2024 03:51 PM

Hi Ravishu thanks...

Now i have a question, Is it possible to capture the 10 most consuming processes in a system with this probe? That is, without the need to enable process by process, if not the top-ten for example? If it is not possible, what probe can do it or is there any kb or strategy that can help us?

Best Regards

• 3.  RE: Process Monitoring (processes) probe v4.84 released!

Posted Mar 09, 2024 01:17 PM

The CDM probe can give you the list of top consuming processes when the CPU threshold is breached - it's just a text list so not very useful for analysis but good to see at the time the alert happens.

Alternatively you could set up the processes probe with a pattern for the process that matches the ones you are interested in (/.*/ for everything for instance) and set the QOS to collect CPU usage and then query your database to get the top 10 - 

• 4.  RE: Process Monitoring (processes) probe v4.84 released!

Posted Mar 11, 2024 03:26 PM

Hi Garin... it's a good idea to configure a pattern in the process probe. Do you have this follow-up? how does it work?

• 5.  RE: Process Monitoring (processes) probe v4.84 released!

Posted Mar 11, 2024 04:25 PM

@Garin Walsh I did a test with a robbot, try to configure all procesos for monitoring with the pattern, but exist a problem with the name because on the db the target is the name... This isn't working like a thinked...!!!

Any sugerence...?

• 6.  RE: Process Monitoring (processes) probe v4.84 released!

Posted Mar 12, 2024 09:25 AM

I think that you need to tick both the "recognize" options:

And on the QOS tab, specify a target:

This should give you a QoS entry for each individual process. One problem is that process name is the identifier and if you look at your screen shot and consider the conhost.exe process, there are many instances. These should get an index added to them so that it shows as conhost.exe[1], conhost.exe[2], conhost.exe[3], etc. These will be consistent by process id while the process is running but will not be consistent from instance of conhost.exe to the next.  

• 7.  RE: Process Monitoring (processes) probe v4.84 released!

Posted 21 days ago
    Hey... Garin how are you ?

I has been working on this configuration and i see that the processes probe capture memory "commit" but not "used". Do you know why happen this ?

I know that committed memory is the physical memory in use for which space has been reserved in the paging file should it need to be written to disk. And the Used Physical Memory ?