The Water Cooler

View Only
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  9361-8i Port 0-1 not detecting any drives

Posted Jun 08, 2022 09:43 AM
    No replies, thread closed.
    I have a 9361-8i raid controller that has been working without issue.
    Today my server crashed and would not boot.

I found that the raid card is not detecting the boot drive at all on port 0. It was configured as a JBOD drive.
    It had been working properly before this time.

I thought that the drive must be bad so I replaced with a known good drive and that one was not detected either.
    I then moved the drive to port 1 and it was also not detected. Again moved it to ports 3-7 and it was detected without issue on those ports.

I then thought that the cable might be bad so I replaced with a know good cable and port 0-1 would still not detect the drive.

Any thoughts on what else I might try? At this point I am thinking that the port 0-1 is bad on the controller.

Has anyone else had this type of issue? Is there anyway to run a diagnostic self test on the module to check if the ports are working?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dan

• 2.  RE: 9361-8i Port 0-1 not detecting any drives

Community Manager
    Posted Jun 08, 2022 09:59 AM
    @Dan Pomietlasz  -  we do not have a support community for this product please check with support https://www.broadcom.com/support   Thx~jm​

------------------------------
    Thank you
    Jason
    Broadcom Community Platform Admin, IT

• 3.  RE: 9361-8i Port 0-1 not detecting any drives

Posted Jun 29, 2022 04:10 PM
    @Jason McClellan Thanks for the pointer. Unfortunately there is nothing on the broadcom site that I can find that would help with the issue I am having.

Is there anything you can suggest that I can do to determine if the issue is indeed with my card.

Or is there an email contact at Broadcom where I can reach out for support. Please let me know.

Thanks, Dan​

• 4.  RE: 9361-8i Port 0-1 not detecting any drives

Community Manager
    Posted Jun 29, 2022 04:13 PM
    Dan - there is no resource for your product on the community so please contact general support here  https://support.broadcom.com/web/ecx/contact-support    Thx  ~jm

Thank you
    Jason
    Broadcom Community Platform Admin, IT